NCERT Exemplar Class 6 Science Chapter 2 Solutions: Components of Food
In NCERT Exemplar Class 6 Science Solutions Chapter 2 Components of Food we have covered topics like food, components, and properties of food, the importance of nutrients, vitamins and minerals, balanced diet and deficiency diseases. There are approximately 4 exercises and 21 questions in Chapter 2 of NCERT Exemplar Class 6 Science Solutions.
In Chapter 2 ‘Components of Food’ of NCERT Science Exemplar, we will solve short-type, long-answer type and MCQs on topics such as nutrient-rich diet, carbohydrates, fats, proteins, energy-giving food, etc.
To score better, you must be provided with a good source of learning. This chapter of NCERT Science Exemplar by Instasolv contain step by step explanations of each question asked in the exercises available so that you don’t need to face any difficulty even at the time of solving the toughest question during exam.
Exercise-Wise Important Topics of NCERT Exemplar Class 6 Science Solutions Chapter 2
We have listed below some of the important topics that we have covered in Chapter 2 of NCERT Exemplar Class 6 Science – ‘Components of Food’. These are:
In this chapter, we will understand why food is necessary for every being as it helps in survival, growth, and development. Food gives us energy and energy is the ability to do work. Different food has different nutritional value and is required by our body differently.
Therefore, it is very necessary to understand what kind of food we are eating and what nutritional value it has.
We will also study about the numerous amounts of food available in the market and its consumption to stay fit and healthy. Components of food mean what nutritional value it comprises of. In Chapter 2 you will also learn that Nutrients are an essential element to aid proper growth and development of the body.
Components of Food
Next, we will understand the major components of food which are carbohydrates, fats, proteins, vitamins, and minerals. Also, food consists of dietary fibres and water that are needed by our bodies to survive and grow.
A healthy diet is a diet that provides all the nutritional requirements of a body. A balanced diet consists of essential nutrients, fluid, macronutrients, micronutrients, and adequate calories. A balanced diet provides all the nutrients that are essential and required by our body, in the right quantities along with adequate amounts of roughage and water.
Importance of Nutrients
Nutrients are important for our bodies to satisfy the nutritional requirements that are required to carry out our daily activities. Proteins, minerals, and nutrients are needed for the growth and maintenance of our bodies.
We will study Carbohydrates in depth. Carbohydrates are fats that mainly provide energy to our body.
Simple Carbohydrates: Simple carbohydrates are carbohydrates that can easily break down by the body and to be used as energy. Simple carbohydrates are found naturally in foods such as fruits and dairy products.
Simple carbohydrates are subdivided into the following:
- Monosaccharides and, (Glucose, Fructose, and Galactose)
- Disaccharides (Maltose, Lactose, and Sucrose)
Complex Carbohydrates: Complex carbohydrates contain longer chains of sugar molecules thus, it takes a longer time to break down and provide energy. Complex carbohydrate food includes whole grains and vegetables.
Complex Carbohydrate divided into the following sub-category:
- Polysaccharides (Starch, Fiber, and Glycogen)
In NCERT Exemplar Class 6 Science Solutions Chapter 2, we will also explore the topic ‘Deficiency Diseases’. Diseases that occur due to lack of nutrients over a long period are known as deficiency diseases. Deficiency of one or more nutrients can cause diseases and disorders in our body.
Advantages of NCERT Exemplar Solutions for Class 6 Science Chapter 2 Components of Food
- NCERT Exemplar Solutions for Class 6 Science Chapter 2 are the best source of learning as all the concepts mentioned and explained in the books are easy-to-understand.
- NCERT Exemplar Solutions for Class 6 Science Chapter 2 Components of Food has all the answers with step by step details and explanations to each question available.
- Chapter 2 of NCERT Exemplar Solutions for Class 6 Science is highly recommended for the revision during exams as well
- You hardly need other sources of study material other than NCERT Exemplar Solutions for Class 6 Science because these are highly comprehensive.
- Instasolv’s NCERT Exemplar Solutions for Class 6 Science Chapter 2 helps you to be more focused and attentive by the set of engaging exercises and practice works that help you to understand the concept well and perform better in the Class 6 CBSE exams.
- The NCERT Exemplar exercises comprise of questions which touch diverse aspects of learning and understanding of basic concepts.
- Instasolv’s NCERT Exemplar questions include objective questions such as fill in the blanks, true or false and one word for a sentence and subjective questions for a better revision of the chapter.
- The Exemplar questions in the fill in the blanks exercise help us practice the Chapter 2 Components of Food thoroughly.
- To score well in the exam, you should only look up to NCERT Solutions and NCERT Exemplar Class 6 Science Solutions as they are self-sufficient and cover the entire syllabus of CBSE.
Why Choose NCERT Exemplar Solutions for Class 6 Science Chapter 2 By Instasolv?
- At Instasolv, all the information you’re searching for is at one place, and in a very organized and detailed form. You don’t need to look up or switch up here and there for the topics.
- All the Solutions for NCERT Exemplar provided here are designed and verified by the subject matter experts to help you with your doubts and assist you to gain good marks in your exams.
- The team of Subject Matter Experts at Instasolv are passionate and dedicated to helping you in all your subject and topics related problems and aid you to understand concepts more efficiently and effectively
- Complete understanding of NCERT Exemplar of Chapter 2: Components of Food can help you gain good marks and perform extraordinarily in your academics.
Chapter 2 of NCERT Exemplar for Class 6 Science includes all the information related to food, its components, the nutritional value of food, vitamins and minerals, balanced diet and its importance. Deficiency diseases and their impacts on our body to aware students about the importance of right food and what nutrients, minerals, and proteins are essential for our body. Not to forget, the solutions are free of cost!