NCERT Exemplar Class 6 Science Chapter 4 Solutions: Sorting Materials Into Groups
NCERT Exemplar Solutions for Class 6 Science Chapter 4 Sorting Materials into Groups will help you understand how the different objects in the environment are categorized into various groups based on their properties. The exercises of NCERT Exemplar Class 6 Science Chapter 4 are designed to help you quickly relate the objects in your daily life through their properties and learn to sort materials.
Instasolv NCERT Exemplar Solutions for Chapter 4 will help you solve all the 4 Exemplar exercises which have a total of 25 questions. You will be able to understand the topics like objects around us, their properties, and how these properties can be harnessed to use the materials optimally.
Our NCERT Exemplar Class 6 Science Solutions Chapter 4 Sorting Materials and Groups explain how daily objects such as food, clothes even the rubber ball or magnet toys can be classified according to their properties such as appearance, solubility, transparency, hardness or density. All the NCERT Exemplar Solutions are given exercise-wise so that you can access them in single a click and start learning about the concepts.
Important Topics of CBSE NCERT Class 6 Science Exemplar Chapter 4
Sorting Materials into Groups: Chapter Introduction
In Chapter 4 of NCERT Exemplar, you will study about;
- When we look at the objects around us such as food and clothes, we may think of grouping the objects in various categories such as round objects (for example, earthen pitchers, apples, oranges, and balls) or objects made up of plastics (for example, buckets, lunch boxes, and pipes)
- By making a list of various small and large objects and classifying them into different tables, we can arrive at the following four conclusions:
(i) Different objects may be made of different materials.
(ii) An object may be made of a single material.
(iii) An object may be made up of many materials.
(iv) Many objects may be made of a single material.
Properties of Materials
Next, you will study about the various properties of Materials. You will also learn that the selection of material to manufacture an object is done according to the properties which are most suitable for the purpose that the object will be made to serve. The various properties that we will learn about, in NCERT Exemplar Solutions Chapter 4 are appearance, hardness, soluble or insoluble, floats or sinks, and the transparency of the objects.
When we study and compare different materials such as wood and iron, we find that their appearances are different. When they are cut, they might have a shiny lustre while some materials might not be needed to cut but rubbed with sandpaper to study their lustre. Metals, such as iron generally have a shiny lustre. This shiny lustre might be lost because of rusting due to exposure to the atmospheric air and moisture.
The objects that you are able to compress easily or in certain cases, scratch easily are known as soft objects. On the other hand, the objects that cannot be compressed easily and their surface can not be scratched, are known as hard objects.
The material that goes invisible in water or any other fluids when it gets dissolved in them, is known as soluble material. While, if the material settles down in the bottom of the container of fluid instead of getting dissolved, it is known as insoluble.
- Some materials such as dried leaves might float on the surface of the water while other objects such as stones might sink to the bottom of the container.
We will also learn about the Transparency:
- The materials that you can see through are called transparent.
- The materials through which nothing is visible are called opaque.
- The objects through which things are not visible clearly are called translucent.
- Sorting materials, in different categories, helps us study them more systematically and mark any patterns in their properties, if present.
Exercise-Wise NCERT Class 6 Science Exemplar Chapter 4 Question Discussion
- The exercise questions in the NCERT Science Exemplar Chapter 4 consists of various activities such as matching the columns, sorting activities, true or false exercises. These solutions are curated in such a way to enable your grasping process to relate to the concepts explained above.
- The subjective questions in the NCERT Class 6 Science Exemplar are explained in brief which will help you increase your score in the CBSE exam.
- There are 25 questions in this NCERT Exemplar Class 6 Chapter 4 in which most exercises are listing exercises where we are expected to mention the objects from our practical lives into the categories explained in the Chapter.
- The last exercise where we are required to find the odd one out is the one that will have us recall almost all the concepts in this Chapter and therefore help us memorize the theories easily so we can relate the concepts to our daily lives and prepare well for the CBSE Exams.
About CBSE NCERT Exemplar Class 6 Science Solutions Chapter 4 Sorting Materials and Groups by Instasolv
- The Class 6 Chapter 4 Science Exemplar prepared by the specialists of the subject matter at Instasolv will assist you in systematically arranging the conceptual part of the Chapter.
- The NCERT Exemplar for Class 6 Science by Instasolv is prepared so that you easily memorize all the concepts.
- At Instasolv, the top priority is to enable you to develop an understanding of the Science theories so as to relate it with your day to day life. To make you understand the basics of Chapter 4, our subject matter experts have explained each solution in detail.