NCERT Exemplar Class 6 Science Chapter 7 Solutions: Getting to Know Plants
NCERT Exemplar Class 6 Science Solutions for Chapter 7 ‘Getting to Know’ will help us understand various kinds of plants around us and their categorization into herbs, shrubs, and trees. There are a total of 4 exercises that have 19 questions in Chapter 7. CBSE NCERT Exemplar Class 6 Science Chapter 7 – ‘Getting to Know’ explains in detail the different components of plants. It dives into the types of plants on the basis of the type of stems, leaves, and roots.
Class 6 Science NCERT Exemplar Solutions for Chapter 7 are prepared by the experienced subject matter experts at Instasolv. Our experts have summed up the chapter in a brief and step-by-step manner to guide you on how to write perfect answers.
Chapter 6 ‘Getting To Know Plants’ is of great importance for you as it builds the basic concept of Botanical Science in Class 6th. The chapter also explains the structure of a flower in detail with its various outer and interior components such as petals and sepals; and pistil, stamen, and anthers respectively. We have provided extensive Solutions for all these topics discussed in the NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Science Chapter 7 for better learning.
NCERT Exemplar Class 6 Science Solutions ‘Getting to Know Plants’: Summary
The NCERT Exemplar Solutions for Class 6 Chapter 7 is basically prepared on the basis of the latest syllabus. You will understand the classification of the plants in detail and complete exercise-wise solutions. To increase your marks significantly in this chapter, we would highly recommend you to refer to the NCERT Exemplar Solutions for Chapter 7- Getting to Know Plants. Below is a short summary of the chapter for you.
- Introduction of Chapter 7: Getting to Know Plants
Most plants can be classified into the following categories:
Herbs are short plants that have a green and tender stem. These plants do not spread out into many branches.
Some plants despite having a hard stem spread out into branches near the base of the stem. These plants are known as shrubs. The stems of these shrubs are hard but not thick.
Some plants grow very tall. These can be categorized with hard stems which are also very thick. These plants are referred to as Trees. The branches in trees spread out from the upper part of the stem at great heights.
- Creepers and Climbers
Some plants have such weak and tender stems that they cannot stand upright and hence spread on the ground itself. These plants are called creepers, while the plants which climb any support to grow around the support are referred to as climbers.
Next in Chapter 7, we will discuss the following components of the Plants in detail.
The stem of a plant bears leaves, branches, etc, hence it helps a plant stand upright or even spread and climb in case of creepers and climbers.
The leaves are attached to the stem through a thin part called the Petiole, whereas the broad green part of the leaf is known as Lamina. When there are veins on both sides of the midrib, it is called reticulate venation, whereas when these veins are parallel to each other, it is called parallel venation.
The leaf is also responsible for transpiration and photosynthesis for the preparation of food.
It keeps the plant attached to the soil. It can be a major taproot attached with minor lateral roots or various root hair in the form of the fibrous root.
The flower has various components: sepals and petals on the exterior; and pistil, stamen, and anther in the interior.
NCERT Exemplar Class 6 Science Solutions Chapter 7: Key Features
- The questions in CBSE NCERT Class 6 Science Exemplar book consists of a number of questions to guide you through the variety of Flora.
- There are exercise questions in which you have to rewrite the sentences, hence not merely pointing out true or false but also correcting the statement which will help you remember the important points of Chapter 7.
- NCERT Exemplar Chapter 7 questions are theoretical as well as you will find various diagrams in each exercise, hence making you remember the concepts in a pictorial manner.
- The best part of the CBSE NCERT Exemplar Chapter 7 questions is the identification activity, where you are given features and you have to identify the plant, therefore making this subject more practical for you.
- The answers in the NCERT Exemplar Class 6 Science Solutions Chapter 7 are curated by the team of talented subject matter experts.
- The answers written here are accurate, comprehensive and appropriately written.
- You can use our NCERT Exemplar Solution for revision during exam time
- At Instasolv, the team is committed to framing highly research-based Exemplar Solutions for Class 6 Science.
To score well in the exam, you should only look up to NCERT Solutions and NCERT Exemplar Class 6 Science Solutions as they are self-sufficient and covers the entire syllabus of CBSE.