NCERT Exemplar Class 6 Science Chapter 8 Solutions: Body Movements
In NCERT Exemplar Class 6 Science Solutions for Chapter 8: Body Movements you will study the anatomy of the human body and its working, types of body movements, the importance of movement, different types of joints that help in body movement, etc. At Instasolv, our subject matter experts have prepared NCERT Exemplar Class 6 Science Solutions for Chapter 8 that have a total of 4 exercises carrying 20 questions.
In this chapter, you will also learn about the gaits of animals like earthworms, cockroaches, snails, fish, birds, and snakes. Our NCERT Exemplar Solutions for Chapter 8 will help you in understanding all these different topics. You will also be able to understand the level of the questions that can be asked in the exams.
Our NCERT Exemplar Science Solutions for the Chapter are prepared by highly qualified subject matter experts after extensive research on topics of the Chapter- ‘Body Movement’. Our Solutions cover all the fundamental topics of Chapter 8. Our NCERT Exemplar Solutions are written in the simplest way possible so that you understand the topic easily.
Important Topics of NCERT Exemplar Class 6 Science Chapter 8
The NCERT Exemplar Class 6 Science Chapter 8 provides in detail the study of the human body and anatomy to help students to understand different processes, movements bones, and joints and to learn about gaits of animals.
In chapter 8, we will study deeply about the topic – ‘Movement’. The term movement here refers to the entire body movement. If the body moves with a change in position then it is known as locomotion. Our body is the same as a machine. As machines require proper handling and usage our body also requires movement to keep functioning. Constant usage of machines enables them to work properly and efficiently. Similarly, our body needs the same to keep working properly.
Body movement is necessary to perform our daily tasks. Proper movement allows our body and mind to function at their best. When we stop doing any kinds of physical activities our body invites many health issues and diseases. To keep our body healthy we must keep working.
Movement not just impacts our body physically but also mentally and emotionally. If we live a healthy life, our body also works in a healthy manner. We feel fresh and happy mentally and emotionally. The downsides of the poor and irregular body movement are improper functionality and stress. Stress leads to poor digestion and other health issues which may lead to depression, weight gain or weight loss.
We cannot perform any task without moving. Movement plays an important role in almost every process happening in our bodies. From the circulation of blood to the digestion of food, movement plays a vital role. Movement also helps in the regulation of hormonal activity, detoxification, and respiration.
Proper movement of the body helps in proper chemical changes in the body and stimulates neural pathways and boosts immunity. Movements help in controlling blood sugar, controls weight, lowers blood pressure, relieves pain, proper functioning of heart and muscles, lowers cholesterol, sharps memory, boost immunity, and good sleep cycle.
Ball and socket joints
Ball and socket joint can be defined as a joint in which a ball moves within a socket to allow rotary motion in every direction within certain limits. Ball and socket joint is a rounded end of one bone fits into the cavity (hollow space) of the other bone. This joint allows movement in all directions.
The pivotal joint is a joint where our neck joins the head. It allows us to bend our head forward and backwards and also allow us to turn our head right or left. In pivotal joints, a cylinder bone rotates in a ring.
Fixed joints are fibrous joints and are made up of collagen and cannot move.
Gaits of Animals
- Earthworms: The body of an earthworm is made up of many rings that are joined end to end. It does not have bones but muscles which helps it to move, extend and shorten its body and its skin is smooth and slippery.
Earthworms are known as the farmer’s friend because they help in boosting the fertility of the soil. They also help in the decomposition of organic matter and their excreta contribute to the manufacturing of vermicomposting. All these enhance crop quality and production.
- Snail: Snails have shells that are its outer skeleton but have no bones. The thick structure is its foot that is made up of strong muscles and allows it to move.
Exercise Discussion of NCERT Exemplar Class 6 Science Chapter 8
- The NCERT Exemplar Chapter consists of a variety of subjective and objective exercises.
- The objective questions include match the following, true or false and fill in the blanks exercises while in the subjective questions you will be required to answer the questions elaborately
- In the match the columns exercise of the Exemplar questions, you will be able to revise the structure and movement of different organisms along with the human skeleton.
- The subjective answers are logic-based and help you relate to the concepts
About Instasolv’s NCERT Exemplar Class 6 Science Chapter 8 Solutions
- At Instasolv, we provide step by step NCERT Exemplar Exercise Solutions to let you have a better knowledge of the subject
- All the important questions along with the exercises are covered to provide you with the best and to help you achieve a good score in the CBSE exams
- We provide Chapter-wise explanations along with NCERT Exemplar Exercises for Chapter 8 to aid you with proper and better study material and to help you gain excellent marks in the exam
- The subject matter experts of Instasolv aid you best Solutions for your queries and problems related to the Chapter with the NCERT Class 6 Exemplar Solutions for Science Chapter 8
- To score well in the exam, you should only look up to NCERT Solutions and NCERT Exemplar Class 6 Science Solutions as they are self-sufficient and covers the entire syllabus of CBSE.
- With the help of experts of Instasolv, you can easily grasp the tough concepts of this Chapter