NCERT Exemplar Class 7 Maths Chapter 2 Solutions: Fractions and Decimals
NCERT Exemplar Solutions for Class 7 Maths Chapter 2 ‘Fractions and Decimals’ contain all the core concepts that have been tackled in the chapter and helps you in preparing well for your exams. These NCERT Exemplar Class 7 Maths will guide you in ensuring that you are well-versed with the chapter and have a thorough revision of all the questions that are present in the exercise. The chapter covers various topics like proper fractions, improper fractions, mixed fractions, decimal places etc.
CBSE NCERT Exemplar for Class 7 Maths Chapter 2 comprises a total of 5 exercises and 125 questions which are all diverse and informative in nature. All of these questions are based on the major concepts which have been tackled in the chapter and have been represented through theory explanations.
The NCERT Exemplar Solutions for Class 7 Maths Chapter 2 – Fractions and Decimals by Instasolv, aims at ensuring that all your doubts are resolved at one place and you are not stuck in the chaos of finding various resources. Instasolv believes in eliminating all the unnecessary stress from your study schedule and replacing it with an impactful learning environment with the help of quick exemplar solutions. With our solutions and your efforts, nothing can stop you from scoring well in your exams.
Important Topics in NCERT Exemplar Solutions for Class 7 Maths Chapter 2 – Fractions and Decimals
Proper and Improper Fractions
In NCERT Exemplar Class 7 for Maths Exemplar Chapter 2, you will learn about the two basic kinds of fractions, namely – the proper fractions and the improper fractions. When a fraction is in the form of the whole then they are termed to proper fractions and in case if the fraction is a mixed combination of whole and proper fraction, then they are termed to be improper fractions. When the improper fraction is further broken down it is termed to be a mixed fraction. You will learn about the different operations regarding these fractions in this chapter.
Multiplication of Fractions
You will be introduced to the basic concepts and details of the multiplication of fractions. In this chapter, you will get to know that in order to multiply a whole number with a proper fraction or an improper fraction, you need to multiply the numerator of the fraction with the whole number and keep the denominator to its original value.
As the name of the chapter suggests, you will learn about the basics of decimals and all the core concepts related to it. This chapter will deal with the shifting of decimal places, rounding off of the figures to their nearest value and the mathematical operations like addition, subtraction, multiplication and division. You will also learn about the conversion of fractions into decimal values in this chapter.
Exercise Discussion of NCERT Exemplar Solutions for Class 7 Maths Chapter 2 – Fractions and Decimals
- The first exercise begins with multiple choice questions where you are provided with a fractional calculation and you are required to pick the correct option out of the four potential answers.
- There are pictorial options and theory-based statements as well. These questions test your analytical skills and the basics that you will learn in the chapter.
- The other exercise requires you to fill in the blanks with answers to mathematical questions which require observation and application of the basics of the chapter. One of these questions requires you to find the lowest form of the product of the given fractions.
- There is a question where you need to analyze the given pointers and state whether each of them is true or false. One of these statements is whether the product of two improper fractions is less than both of the fractions and you need to write whether it is true or false.
- The chapter also has diagram-based questions where you need to apply the basic concepts of the chapter while performing your calculations. For example, question 68, where you are given the diagram of a bookmark and its dimension has also been given in the question.
Benefits of NCERT Exemplar Solutions for Class 7 Maths Chapter 2 – Fractions and Decimals
The expert team at Instasolv has formulated all the Solutions in an absolutely simple and student-friendly language. We ensure that you develop a firm understanding of the chapter and all its core concepts. Each and every question has been tackled by our team with step by step answers and a well- structured explanation. All the exemplar answers for class 7 maths chapter 2 are in accordance with the latest CBSE syllabus. The NCERT Exemplar Solutions for Class 7 Maths Chapter 2 – fractions and decimals are absolutely free for you.