NCERT Exemplar Class 7 Maths Chapter 5 Solutions: Lines and Angles
NCERT Exemplar Solutions for Class 7 Maths Chapter 5 – Lines and Angles contain all the core concepts in the chapter and helps you in preparing well for your CBSE exams. These NCERT Exemplar Class 7 Maths will guide you in ensuring that you are well-versed with the chapter on topics like adjacent angles, complementary angles, supplementary angles etc.
NCERT Class 7 Maths Exemplar Chapter 5 has 113 problems. They include questions on topics like transversals, parallel lines, reflex angles, perpendiculars, supplementary and complementary angles, linear pair. There are many diagram-based questions in this chapter that are a little tricky to solve. We have answered all the NCERT Exemplar problems of the chapter for you so that you can understand the topics thoroughly and have no doubts left.
Important Topics in NCERT Exemplar Solutions for Class 7 Maths Chapter 5 – Lines and Angles
In this chapter, you will learn about complementary angles and the basics related to their use and existence. When the sum of the measures of two angles is ninety degrees, they are termed to be complementary angles. When two angles are found to be complementary, each angle individually is termed to be a complement of the other angle.
When there are two pairs of angles which are placed next to each other such that they have a common vertex, they have a common arm and their non-common arms are placed on either side of their common arm, they are said to be adjacent angles.
Exercise Discussion of NCERT Exemplar Solutions for Class 7 Maths Chapter 5 – Lines and Angles
- In the first exercise of NCERT Exemplar Class 7 for Maths Exemplar Chapter 5, you are given simple multiple-choice questions. For example, there is one question where you are asked what the angle between North and West and South and east are, and the options given for the question include complementary, supplementary, both are acute and both are obtuse.
- There are also filled in the blanks questions which include theoretical statements from the chapter and you need to fill the blanks with the best-suited answer.
- One of these questions asks what the sum of the interior angles present on the same side of the transversal is.
- There is another question where you are given a situation that the transversal intersects two parallel lines and on the basis of this situation, you need to answer questions like “if an angle is forty-five degrees what will its complementary angle be?” such questions trigger your analytical skills in order to observe the given scenarios and present suitable answers to them.
- The chapter has numerous-diagram based NCERT Exemplar problems. One such question is number 79, where you are provided with a figure where there are certain collinear and perpendicular points. You are required to name the complementary angles, two pairs of supplementary angles and four pairs of adjacent angles based on the figure and the case given in the question.
- There are other condition-based questions like question number 84, where you are required to tell the type of other angles of a linear pair if one of its angles is acute, obtuse or right.
Why Use NCERT Exemplar Solutions for Class 7 Maths Chapter 5 – Lines and Angles
Whether it be diagram-based questions, theory-based questions or calculations, we have solved each Exemplar problem of NCERT Class 7 Maths Chapter 5 here. We have ensured that we meet the CBSE guidelines as well as we provide 100% correct answers. Using these solutions can be helpful for exam preparation and homework assignments. Now you can easily solve all your doubts in a minute.