NCERT Exemplar Class 7 Maths Chapter 9 Solutions: Perimeter and Area
NCERT Exemplar Class 7 Maths Solutions Chapter 9 are created at Instasolv to help you clear all your doubts related to the exercise questions. There are 131 questions of all kinds related to mensuration in this chapter of NCERT Exemplar Class 7 Maths. These questions are meant to help you in polishing your concepts of practical mensuration. The questions are very complex in nature and it is advised that you refer to these solutions because we comply with the CBSE standard guidelines.
The topics covered in this chapter include the perimeter of squares, rectangles, parallelogram, triangle, and circumference of circles. The other topics in this chapter are the area of a square, rectangle, parallelogram, triangle, and a given circle. You will also learn the applications of these concepts with the help of examples from your daily life such as finding the rate of painting a wall or finding the number of bricks required to build a room etc. This is an important topic from the exam point of view as well. The questions are easy to grasp once you understand the concept of the topics.
We, at Instasolv, have prepared these highly reliable solutions to help you lessen your time spent in muddling and struggling with these new advanced formulae. Instasolv maths experts intend to use very easy and interactive language to make maths an interesting subject for you.
Topics Covered in NCERT Exemplar Class 7 Maths Solutions Chapter 9
Introduction to Perimeter:
The Perimeter of a closed figure is the name given to the sum of the length of its boundaries. Therefore, for a triangle, we find the perimeter by taking the sum of its three sides, for a quadrilateral, we take the sum of its four sides and so on.
The perimeter of a Regular Polygon= number of sides x length of one side.
The perimeter of a Square:
If we let the side of a given square be equal to a, then
the perimeter of the square= a +a + a+ a =4 x a
The perimeter of a Rectangle:
Let us assume the length and the breadth of a given rectangle be equal to l and b respectively, then
The perimeter of the rectangle= l +b +l +b
= 2 x l+ 2 x b
=2 x (l+ b)
Circumference of a Circle:
The circumference of a circle with radius r can be given by the formula such that, Circumference = 2 X 𝜋 X r
Introduction to Area:
The region enclosed with the boundaries of a plane figure is known as Area enclosed by the figure.
Area of a Square, Rectangle, Parallelogram and Triangle:
- Assuming the side of the square as a, we write the area of a square as area= a X a=a2
- Assuming the length of the given rectangle be l and its breadth be b, then the area is given as area= l X b
- Area of a Parallelogram with height h and breadth b is given as, area=b X h
- Area of a triangle with height h and breadth b is given as area=12 X b X h
Area of a Circle:
For a circle with radius r, area=𝜋r2
Exercise Discussion of NCERT Exemplar Class 7 Maths Solutions Chapter 9
- From questions 1 to 37, the exercise questions have four options of which you will have to select 1 option as the right answer.
- 38 to 56 exercise questions are filling in the blanks exercises where you will be able to recall the most basic concepts such as evaluation of 1 square metre.
- In the questions from 57 to 61, you will be required to check if the given statements are true or false.
- Exercise questions from 62 to 93 are word problems of mensuration where you will get to solve miscellaneous questions such as finding the cost of painting a wall etc.
- From questions 94 to 131, there are complex problems where you will have to use multiple formulae of mensuration to evaluate the area of given questions.
- These questions will help you comprehensively grind in all the topics of this chapter.
Why use NCERT Exemplar Class 7 Maths Solutions Chapter 9 by Instasolv
We, at Instasolv, provide you with one-stop online guidance in gaining clarity regarding the most frequently asked questions related to the chapter ‘perimeter and area’ of class 7 maths. Our NCERT Exemplar Class 7 Chapter 9 are a source of reference that will help you in time management for the exam environment. The solutions by Instasolv will also help you cope easily with the homework stress of this chapter.