NCERT Exemplar Class 7 Science Chapter 1 Solutions: Nutrition in Plants
NCERT Exemplar Solutions for Class 7 Science Chapter 1 – Nutrition in Plants have been formulated to make sure that all your needs for successful exam preparations are met. These solutions cover all the main concepts which have been dealt with in the chapter of NCERT Exemplar Class 7 Science chapter 1 revolves around stomatal openings, modes of nutrition, different organisms, and terms related to nutrition.
Chapter 1 contains 4 exercises and 21 exemplar problems in total. There are numerous kinds of questions including short answer questions, fill in the blanks, long answer questions, etc. All of these questions will help you in developing a strong command of the fundamentals you will learn from the chapter. Our NCERT Exemplar problems and solutions for Class 7 Science Chapter 1 – Nutrition in Plants will provide you with a simplified way of learning. We have ensured that all the answers adhere to CBSE guidelines and are easy to understand.
Important Topics covered in NCERT Exemplar Problems for Class 7 Science Chapter 1 – Nutrition in Plants
Autotrophic and Heterotrophic plants
As the name suggests, you will learn about the different modes, process and details of nutrition in plants. You will get to know that the mode by which an organism makes food and utilizes it to survive is known as the nutrition for that organism. You will also learn about Autotrophic organisms which make their food on their own by using simple substances. The chapter also deals with heterotrophic organisms, animals and most of the other organisms which depend on other means for their own food and nutrition fall under this category.
In this chapter, you will learn about the process through which plants make their food. This process is known as photosynthesis and it includes the use of various parts of the plant body and substances like sunlight, water and carbon dioxide. Chlorophyll, stomata, xylem, phloem and the plant stems and veins play a major role from the making of food to its transfer in various parts and portions of the plant.
Parasites and Insectivores
Apart from these autotrophic organisms, there are others which depend on other living or dead organisms for food. Parasites require a host on which they can live and feed on. They do not tend to kill their host but feed on them slowly and gradually. Insectivores are organisms which feed on insects for their nutrition.
Organisms like fungi have an absolutely different mode of nutrition. They tend to absorb the nutrients from bread and extract their nutrition from matter that is dead and decaying. In this chapter of NCERT Exemplar Class 7 Exemplar, you will learn about such organisms in detail through the theory explanations, examples and diagrams.
Exercise Discussion of NCERT Exemplar Solutions for Class 7 Science Chapter 1 – Nutrition in Plants
- The first question of NCERT Class 7 Science Chapter 1 is a very easy multiple choice question. You are given four options to each of them and you are required to figure out the correct answer.
- Short answer questions are also included in the third exercise of the question. Here you are expected to produce short descriptions to the questions asked.
- There are some very easy questions like question 12, where you need to unscramble the given words and then relate them to the different modes of nutrition. Here you are not only using your logical skills but your observation skills are also put to test through this exercise question.
- The last exemplar problem consists of long answer questions. The first question of this exercise is a match the following question where you are given two columns with different organisms and modes of nutrition and you are required to match them with the correct choices.
- There are also reasoning questions and fill in the blanks questions included in the chapter. Question 20 presents a word grid where various names of organisms are hidden and you are required to spot and mark them.
- Finally, the last question provides you with short descriptions of various organisms in the form of hints and you are required to recognize them and write them down.
Why Use NCERT Exemplar Problems With Solutions for Class 7 Science Chapter 1 – Nutrition in Plants
Instasolv’s team of expert and experienced professionals have left no stone unturned in covering each and every question from the chapter. All the solutions have been organized in a step by step manner, for your independent learning. The NCERT exemplar problems with solutions have been formulated in accordance with the latest CBSE Syllabus for Class 7 Science. Refer to our solutions today and make learning an easy process for you.