NCERT Exemplar Class 7 Science Chapter 15 Solutions: Light
NCERT Exemplar Class 7 Science Solutions Chapter 15 ‘Light’ has been prepared to assist you in solving the exercises of Exemplar book with 100% accuracy. The topics that you will study in this chapter of NCERT Exemplar Class 7 Science are the path in which a ray of lights travels, the reflection of light, images and lateral inversion of objects, real and virtual images, images formed by lenses and the colour of the sunlight.
There are a total of 24 Exemplar problems Class 7 Science Chapter 15. These questions are of all types ranging from one-word answers to long answer type, i.e. subjective questions. These questions will help you in the final grooming of your CBSE syllabus. It is recommended that you practice the exemplar solutions to get complete clarity about this topic.
The science experts of Instasolv are dedicated to making sure that you leave the platform with all your confusions sorted. We, at Instasolv, have customised the answers in order to stick to the standards of CBSE and make our answers simple and on-point.
Important Topics covered in NCERT Exemplar Class 7 Science Solutions Chapter 15
- Light enables us to see different things by the help of different phenomenon exhibited by it. In this chapter, we will be introduced to the very initial concepts of reflections, refraction and scattering of light. Also, we will learn about mirrors and the images formed by them.
- Light Travels in a Straight Line. For instance, if we will try to look at a candle flame through a bent pipe, our vision will be blocked.
If there is a polished surface on which a ray of light is incident, the direction of the light changes after falling on such a surface. This process of changing the direction of light after being incident on a shiny surface is known as reflection.
- If we place an object in front of a mirror, we will see the reflection of the object behind the mirror. This object which appears inside the mirror is termed as the image while the object is referred to as the object only.
- If the image so formed is upright, then it is known as erect.
- In a plane mirror, we always obtain the laterally inverted images.
- The image obtained on a screen is termed as a real image while an image that cannot be obtained on a screen is known as a virtual image.
- When the reflecting surface of a spherical mirror is concave, it is known as a concave mirror.
- When the reflecting surface of the spherical mirror is convex, it is known as a convex mirror.
- The lens which is thicker on the ends and thinner from the between is known as a concave lens.
- The lens which is thicker at the centre and thinner on the ends is known as a convex lens.
- Lenses are transparent and rays of light that pass through them get bent.
- White light is made up of 7 colours in total.
Exercise Discussion of the NCERT Exemplar Class 7 Science Solutions Chapter 15
- The exercise questions from 1 to 8 are of multiple choices in nature. This exercise contains miscellaneous exercises covering all the topics that you studied about light such as reflection of light, laws of reflection, spherical mirrors, image formation etc.
- The questions from 9 to 11 are very short answer type questions comprising of fill in the blanks, true or false questions that require just one-word answers about spherical mirrors and lenses.
- The exercise solutions from 12 to 21 discuss mainly the spectrum of light formed after passing through a prism and image formation by different mirrors and lenses
- The remaining questions from 22 to 24 are subjective in nature and are long answer type questions for your rigorous practice of the questions of practical applications of mirrors and lenses and other phenomenon observed by light.
- Practising all these questions in your self-study will help you understand the pattern of questions asked in your school exam.
Why Use NCERT Science Exemplar Solutions Class 7 Chapter 15 by Instasolv?
- The science faculty of Instasolv is meant to simplify and build a strong foundation at this stage for a better understanding of concepts that you will come across, in your higher classes.
- You will find the NCERT Exemplar Class 7 problems with solutions for Chapter 15 given by the expert team of Instasolv strictly compliant to the CBSE board standards.
- Instasolv provides its answers in layman’s language and is committed to helping you in improving your marks significantly besides developing a strong foundation of Physics at your level.