NCERT Exemplar Class 7 Science Chapter 16 Solutions: Water: A Precious Resource
NCERT Exemplar Class 7 Science Solutions Chapter 16 Water: A Precious Resource is created to help you understand the scientific Exemplar problems related to water. In this chapter of NCERT Exemplar Class 7 Science, you will learn about the different forms of water available on earth, and how much water is fit for the consumption of humans on Earth. You will also learn about water day, groundwater resources and depletion of the water table. You will be able to answer questions about the distribution of water resources in India, conservation of water and effects of water scarcity on plants.
There is a collection of 25 fun exercise questions in the NCERT Exemplar Class 7 Science Solutions Chapter 16. There are all the possible set of questions which will help you score full marks from any question asked from this chapter in your CBSE exams.
Instasolv Science experts have worked hard to understand the most recurring doubts of the students of your level, to create the answers in such a manner that all your doubts will be cleared in a fun and interactive way. It is advised that you use Instasolv’s solutions as your source of reference in your self-study hours.
Important Topics covered in NCERT Exemplar Class 7 Science Solutions Chapter 16
Introduction to Water as a Resource
The amount of water prescribed by the United Nations for various purposes such as drinking, washing, cooking etc is at least 50 litres per person per day.
Availability of Water
- 71% of the Earth is covered with water.
- Of all the water, most water is present in the saline seas and ocean, also partly in the form of groundwater. This water is unfit for human use.
- The other unusable form of water are glaciers, ice caps and permanent snow.
- Therefore only 0.006% of water present on the Earth’s surface is fit for human consumptions.
Forms of Water
Water on the Earth’s surface is maintained by the water cycle that involves evaporation, condensation and precipitation.
The water that circulates in the water cycle can be discovered in different forms:
- The solid form of water can be found as snowcaps and glaciers.
- The liquid form of water is also abundant in rivers, lakes, seas, oceans, etc.
- Water Vapour is the gaseous form of water.
Groundwater as a Source
- If we dig deep in the ground, we will find a layer where the space between the rocks and sand is filled with water. The upper limit of this level has been termed as the water table.
- When the water is stored below the water table below the surface of the layer of hard rocks, it is termed as an aquifer.
- The process of seeping in of the water towards the water table or aquifer is known as infiltration.
Depletion of Water Table:
It is because of the following reasons:
- Increasing population.
- Increasing industries.
- Increasing agricultural activities.
The various types of water management techniques that are used in India, both- traditional and modern, are water harvesting, bawri, drip irrigation system, check-dams to increase percolation etc.
We should minimise wastage of water on a personal level.
Water scarcity can also lead to threat in food security of India.
Exercise Discussion of the NCERT Exemplar Class 7 Science Solutions Chapter 16
- The NCERT Exemplar problems in this chapter are very fun to solve as they are of diverse nature involving puzzle questions such as arranging jumbled sentences to form meaningful sentences.
- Questions 1-10 are MCQs that include topics like water shortage, sources of occurrence of freshwater.
- The very short answer type questions include matching the column, fill in the blanks and true or false exercises and is a detailed exercise about the topics of the form of water and the sources of water.
- Then the subjective questions are divided into two categories: short answer type which includes jumbled word exercises and other comprehension exercises and long answer type.
- The long answer type questions from 23 to 25 will require you to mention a detailed account of the practical life problems of science such as groundwater, phases of water.
- You will get the idea of the pattern of question paper in your CBSE school.
Why Use NCERT Science Exemplar Solutions Class 7 Chapter 16 by Instasolv?
The NCERT Exemplar Class 7 problems with solutions provided to you on the Instasolv platform are accurate and 100% reliable. The solutions can be easily accessed. These solutions are written in simple language and are available on an interactive student dashboard which will help you clear your doubts instantly. All these will help you in preparing for your CBSE exams.