NCERT Exemplar Class 7 Science Chapter 17 Solutions: Forests: Our Lifeline
NCERT Exemplar Class 7 Science Solutions Chapter 17 Forests: Our Life has been created to aid you in preparation for CBSE exams and in your school homework. The topics included in this chapter of NCERT Exemplar Class 7 Science are an introduction to Indian forests, their flora and fauna and the forest products. You will also learn about hummus and decomposers and the concept of Forest as a dynamic living entity in this chapter.
There are a total of 25 Exemplar problems in this chapter that will help you relate to the practical importance of forests in your day to day lives. These NCERT Exemplar problems are also crucial from the CBSE exam point of view. You must solve all the questions in this chapter extensively to score good marks in your science exam. This is scoring and easy chapter and therefore, you must not take the chance of missing any of these problems.
The expert faculty of Instasolv has made it an interesting chapter to make you memorise the concepts easily. The Exemplar answers for Class 7 Science chapter 17 at Instasolv are accurate and precise and therefore, you will be able to optimise your study time accordingly.
Important Topics in NCERT Exemplar Class 7 Science Solutions Chapter 17
Introduction to a General Forest
- A Forest consists of a variety of fauna such as monkeys, boar, bison, jackals, porcupine, elephants, etc. living in the dense forests and a variety of flora such as sal, teak, Semal, Sheesham, neem, Palash, Khair, fig, amla, bamboo, etc. These trees can be categorised into herbs, shrubs or trees.
- Branchy part of a tree above its trunk is known as its crown.
- The tall trees act as a roof of the forest, it is known as the canopy.
- The various products are honey, sealing wax, wood, gum, etc.
- The forests are very rich in overall biodiversity that together form a food chain or a food web.
The dead plants, leaves and animals are converted into a dark coloured substance by mushrooms and many other microorganisms by the process of decomposition. This dark coloured substance is known as humus. It increases the fertility of the soil.
Dynamic Living Entity
In a forest, there is a continuous interaction between the soil, air, water and all the living organisms which leads to an element of dynamism which is why it is not wrong to call the forests a dynamic living entity. Forests can also regenerate themselves.
Role of Forests:
Forest have a crucial role in maintaining life forms on Earth. Few of these roles are mentioned as follows:
- Forests prevent soil from soil erosion.
- Forests are the lifelines of the forest-dwellers.
- Forests have a significant influence over climate, water cycle and air quality
- They also absorb significant noise pollution.
- Forests play a major role in recharging the aquifers.
- Trees play a role in the rainfall with the process of transpiration through its leaves.
- Forest also provide us with a variety of medicinal plants.
Exercise Discussion of the NCERT Exemplar Class 7 Science Solutions Chapter 17
- NCERT Exemplar Class 7 Science Chapter 17 from questions 1 to 10 are multiple-choice questions for a quick revision of the chapter on topics like forest plants, trees in forests, animals in forests etc.
- Questions 11 to 13 in the section of very short answer type question consists of true or false exercises and rearrangement of foodchain exercises.
- The questions from 13 to 19 are subjective short answer type of questions which require in-depth knowledge of the chapter such as deforestation, birds found in forests, useful products from forests.
- The long answer type question from question nos 20 to 25 are interactive questions such as story writing question on a given picture of a forest and you will be required to answer other such interesting questions.
Why Use NCERT Science Exemplar Solutions Class 7 Chapter 17 by Instasolv?
Each and every NCERT Exemplar problem for Class 7 Science Chapter 17 has been answered by the expert team of Instasolv. All the answers in sync with the guidelines provided by the CBSE. The expert faculty for science at Instasolv has made sure that this source of reference becomes the one-stop solution for all the doubts that you stumble upon while solving the Exemplar solutions. You can ask us any further questions regarding the chapter and get immediate solutions.