NCERT Exemplar Class 7 Science Chapter 5 Solutions: Acids, Bases and Salts
NCERT Exemplar Solutions for Class 7 Science Chapter 5 – Acids, Bases and Salts contain all the core concepts of the chapter of NCERT Exemplar Class 7 Science and help you in preparing well for your CBSE exams. Topics like neutralization, acids, bases, salts, sources of acids and bases, natural indicators, acid rain and neutralisation in everyday life are included in the NCERT Exemplar problems of the chapter.
Chapter 5 – Acids, Bases and Salts comprise of a total of 26 Exemplar problems which are all diverse, from short answer questions, long answer questions, fill in the blanks, true and false etc. All of these questions are based on the major concepts of the chapter. We have represented their answers through theory explanations.
The NCERT Exemplar problems and solutions for class 7 Science Chapter 5 – Acids, Bases and Salts by Instasolv, aims at ensuring that all your doubts are resolved at one place and you are occupied in searching various resources. Instasolv believes in eliminating all the unnecessary stress from your study curriculum and replace it with a comfortable, productive and impactful learning environment.
Important Topics in NCERT Exemplar Solutions for Class 7 Science Chapter 5 – Acids, Bases and Salts
Acids and Bases
In the NCERT Exemplar problems and solutions for CBSE Class 7 Science Chapter 5, you will learn about the characteristics of acids and bases. There are certain substances which are sour in taste; this taste is due to the amount of acid which is present in them. From their characteristics to their identification, the chapter deals with all the major concepts related to them.
It is not possible for a person to taste and identify each of these substances; therefore there are certain substances which help in identifying them. These substances are termed as indicators. There are natural as well as chemically prepared indicators which react with the substances to give different reactions and colours like red, blue, green etc. it is through these colours that we get to know whether the substance is an acid or a basic.
In this chapter, you will learn that when an acid solution is mixed with a basic solution, they tend to react in such a way that they neutralize their effect on each other. When these solutions are mixed together in such a way that the amount of acidic solution is equal to the amount of basic solution, they tend to destroy each others reacting properties and make the resulting solution neutral and this process is known as neutralization. You will learn about various neutralization reactions in the chapter and they will also play a great role in answering the NCERT Exemplar problems.
Exercise Discussion of NCERT Exemplar Solutions for Class 7 Science Chapter 5 – Acids, Bases and Salts
- The first exercise of NCERT Class 7 Science Exemplar Chapter 5, has multiple choice questions where certain statements are given along with four different options and you are required to detect the correct answer from them.
- One of the questions asks, what colour will be observed when turmeric paste which is a natural indicator is added to acid and base separately.
- The second set of Exemplar problems contain very short answer questions. One of the questions of the exercise includes a chemical reaction where hydrochloric acid and sodium hydroxide react to form sodium chloride and water.
- There is also a true and false based question where you are provided with a number of statements and you are required to analyse them in order to detect which of them stands true to the fundamentals that you have learnt in the chapter and which of them are false.
- The third exercise consists of short answer questions. In one of the questions you are provided with different images of a test tube and each test, the tube has different components like milk in water, baking powder in water, vinegar in water and glucose in water. You are required to tell the nature of the solutions and write them in the table which has a list of different natures like neutral, basic and acidic.
NCERT Exemplar Solutions for Class 7 Science Chapter 5 – Acids, Bases and Salts
NCERT Exemplar Class 7 Science Chapter 5 ‘Acids, Bases and Salts’ is an important part of CBSE Science syllabus. To ensure that you form a solid foundation of these crucial topics we have provided stepwise solutions to all NCERT Exemplar problems of the chapter. We have ensured that all the answers are according to the updated CBSE class 7 Science syllabus. We also provide study notes and sample papers to help you practice further.