NCERT Exemplar Class 8 Maths Chapter 1 Solutions: Rational Numbers
NCERT Maths Exemplar Solutions for Class 8 Chapter 1 – Rational Numbers is an ideal study material to learn and understand all the essential concepts of this chapter. Our subject matter experts have ensured that all of your confusions have been tackled while preparing the NCERT Exemplar Class 8 Maths Problems Solutions. We have used a very simple language in order to make these solutions more understanding and comprehensive.
NCERT Class 8 Maths Exemplar Chapter 1 has a total of 150 exemplar problems. It includes exercises from simple to complex levels in terms of deriving answers and applying fundamentals learnt from the chapter. You will come across many theoretical explanations as well as solved examples in the chapter. Topics like rational numbers, natural numbers, properties of commutativity, properties of associativity, reciprocals etc. have been covered in the NCERT Exemplar problems and solutions for Class 8 Maths Chapter 1.
The team at Instasolv is devoted towards enhancing your learning and providing quality guidance through the NCERT Maths Exemplar Solutions for Class 8 Chapter 1 – Rational Numbers. The solutions adhere to the latest CBSE curriculum and guarantee exceptional aid in terms of grasping concepts, revising the chapter and having a thorough preparation for your exams.
Important Topics for NCERT Maths Exemplar Solutions Chapter 1 – Rational Numbers
Natural Numbers, Whole Numbers and Integers
You would have studied about different kinds of numbers in your junior classes. In this chapter, you will have a revision of all the previously learned concepts with regards to numbers and the applications that they go through. You will learn about natural numbers, real numbers, integers and rational numbers.
In this chapter, you will come across the term “rational numbers”. These are numbers that can be written in the form of p/q, and here both p and q are integers. Also, the denominator in this format i.e. q is a non zero quantity. You will also learn about various properties of rational numbers. Some of the discussed properties are –
- Rational numbers are closed under addition based on the theory that by adding up two values which are rational we will get the answer that will also be rational.
- Rational numbers are also closed under subtraction keeping the fact that on performing subtraction on any two rational numbers the outcome will also be a rational number.
- Rational numbers are closed under multiplication again working on the fact that the product of two rational numbers will also be a rational number.
- Rational numbers are not closed under division. Excluding zero, all the rational numbers are not closed under division.
In this chapter, you will learn about multiplicative identity. An identity which when multiplied to value, does not hamper its original value is known as a multiplicative identity. In the case of rational numbers, their multiplicative identity is -1.
Exercise Discussion of NCERT Maths Exemplar Solutions Class 8 Chapter 1 – Rational Numbers
- The first exercise of NCERT Exemplar Class 8 for Maths Chapter 1 comprises multiple-choice questions. There are conceptual questions based on the explanations from the chapter as well as equations where you need to perform calculations.
- There are observation-based exemplar problems in the chapter like question number 100, where a series of numbers are provided to you and you are required to select the ones which are rational in nature.
- A similar problem is given in question 101 where again a series has been provided with the denominators in the multiples of four and you are required to find the one where the lowest value of four can exist.
- The chapter also has complex equations as in exemplar problem 106 where you need to perform various applications according to the rules that have been discussed in the chapter.
- There is also a fair share of word problems towards the end of the chapter like question number 122.
Why Use NCERT Maths Exemplar Solutions Class 8 Chapter 1 – Rational Numbers by Instasolv?
- Our NCERT Class 8 Maths Exemplar problems and solutions are designed by subject experts who are aware of your learning requirements to score well in CBSE exams.
- The solutions are presented in a student-friendly manner to ensure proper understanding.
- All the essential topics have been dealt with carefully and every question has been tackled.
- We have ensured that you have all the essential study material in one place and have a stress free learning experience.
Instasolv’s NCERT Exemplar Solutions for Class 8 Chapter 1 – Rational numbers are extremely easy to access and are absolutely free of cost.