NCERT Exemplar Class 8 Maths Chapter 6 Solutions: Visualising Solid Shapes
NCERT Exemplar Solutions for Class 8 Maths Chapter 6 ‘Visualizing Solid Shapes’ have been formulated to make sure that all your needs for successful exam preparations are met. These NCERT Exemplar Class 8 Maths Exemplar problems and solutions cover all the main concepts of the chapter like polyhedrons, solid figures, 3D figures, and surface area formula. The chapter contains 102 questions in total.
The NCERT Exemplar problems for Class 8 Maths Chapter 6 include various kinds of questions such as multiple-choice questions, fill in the blanks, true and false and diagram based questions. Our solutions will provide you with a simplified manner of learning. The NCERT Exemplar Solutions for Class 8 Maths Chapter 6 ‘Visualizing Solid Shapes’ are carefully organized by a team of skilled Maths teachers who understand your learning necessities.
Important Topics for NCERT Maths Exemplar Solutions Chapter 6 – Visualizing Solid Shapes
With the help of NCERT Exemplar Class 8 for Maths Exemplar problems with solutions, you will get to know about the polyhedrons. Any solid that is constructed of only polygonal faces is termed as a polyhedron. The faces of this kind of solid meet at edges which are the line segments. The point at which these edges meet is called the vertex.
You will also learn about Euler’s formula for polyhedron which is F + V – E = 2. Here F denotes the number of faces of the polyhedron, V denotes the number of vertices for it and E denotes the number of edges.
Types of Polyhedron
Now that you are familiar with the concept of a polyhedron, you will also learn about their different kinds. Some of these kinds are –
- Convex Polyhedron – polyhedrons that have all the faces towards the outside are known as convex polyhedrons.
- Regular Polyhedron or Platonic Solids – in case if the faces of the polyhedron are regular polygons which are congruent in nature; they are termed as the Regular Polyhedron. A cube is the perfect example of a regular polyhedron as all its sides are regular and congruent squares.
- Prism – a prism is also a polyhedron. In the case of a prism, its bottom and top faces are congruent polygons and its faces are known as lateral faces and parallelograms.
- Pyramid – a pyramid also falls under the category of a polyhedron. Its base is a polygon and its lateral faces are triangles.
The Surface Area of a Three-Dimensional Object
In NCERT Exemplar for Class 8 Maths Chapter 6, you will learn about the surface area of a three-dimensional object and the basic rules while calculating it. Each figure has a different scenario in terms of the surface area of its constituent shapes and this concept is dealt with in the chapter with the help of diagrams and examples.
Exercise Discussions of NCERT Maths Exemplar Solutions Class 8 Chapter 6 – Visualizing Solid Shapes
- The exercise begins with a multiple choice question and you are given four options with each of the questions. For instance, the very first question has four different figures given as the options and the question enquires which of them can be classified as a polyhedron.
- There are true-false questions and fill in the blanks questions added in the exercise too. These questions are based on very simple calculations and understanding of the chapter.
- There are diagram based exercises where you are provided with certain values and you need to observe the figure and provide answers to it. For example question number 24, where you are provided with a figure and you need to write about the number of faces that meet at point B.
Why use NCERT Maths Exemplar Problems with Solutions Class 8 Chapter 6 – Visualizing Solid Shapes by Instasolv
- We have organized our NCERT Exemplar solutions in a step by step manner so that you do not face any trouble in understanding them and all your doubts are cleared at once.
- Our team at Instasolv has left no corner of the chapter untouched and has made sure that each and every exercise is covered by us.
- Once you go through NCERT Exemplar solutions for Class 8 Maths Chapter 6 you will have a thorough revision of the chapter along with a good practice of the fundamentals introduced in it.
- Our solutions are entirely based on the latest CBSE syllabus and are up to date with the directions of the board.