NCERT Exemplar Class 8 Science Chapter 11 Solutions: Force
NCERT Exemplar Class 8 Science Solutions Chapter 11 – ‘Force’ is curated to help you ace your CBSE school exams and other competitive exams such as NTSE and Science Olympiads. You will get to build a strong foundational base in physics by completing this chapter. In this chapter of NCERT Exemplar Class 8 Science, There is an introduction to force and forces arising from the interaction of objects, change in the state of motion of an object, and contact and non-contact forces. You will also be introduced to the concept of pressure and atmospheric pressure in this exemplar chapter.
There are 30 exemplar problems divided into different sections according to their type in the exemplar exercise of Chapter 11. You will get to solve numerical questions based on diagrams in this chapter. This is a scoring chapter if you grasp the core concept of the idea of force through the questions.
At Instasolv, practising the exercises will help you understand the pattern of questions asked in the school exams. You can rely on these solutions prepared with rigorous research by the team at Instasolv for doing your homework. This source of reference is also highly recommended for quick revision sessions before your exams.
Important Topics for NCERT Exemplar Class 8 Science Solutions Chapter 11 – Force
Introduction to Force
- The amount of push or pull acting on an object is measured as Force in physical sciences.
- Forces occur when one or more objects interact with one another.
- If two forces occur in the same direction, they must be added, whereas, if two forces are acting in opposite directions, the resultant force is given by the difference between the magnitude of the two forces.
- The strength of a force is given by its magnitude.
Change in the State of Motion
If there is a change in the speed of an object in motion or if there is a change in the direction in which an object is moving, we refer to it as the change in the state of motion.
When a force is applied on any object at rest or in motion, it is most likely that a change in the state of motion will occur.
Change in Shape
The application of force on any object may also result in a change of shape. For eg, the rolling of chapatis involves the application of force.
Therefore, a force can,
- Bring an object in motion from a state of rest.
- Alter the speed of an object in motion.
- Alter the direction of a moving object.
- Change the shape of an object.
- Muscular Forces: The force that is caused by the action of the muscles of animals or humans on any object is known as muscular force. It can be applied only when the object is in contact with the body applying force.
- Friction: The frictional force is applied by the surface in resistance of the motion of an object over it.
- Magnetic Force: The force exerted by two magnets toward or against one another, or by a magnet on a magnetic object is called magnetic force.
- Electrostatic Force: When a charged body exerts a force on a charged body or uncharged body, it is called electrostatic force.
- Gravitational Force: It is an attractive force between the objects that depends on the mass of two bodies.
It is the force per unit area. The pressure exerted by the atmosphere is known as atmospheric pressure.
Exercise Discussion of the NCERT Exemplar Class 8 Science Chapter 11- Force
- The multiple-choice questions include figure-based questions, and choosing the correct or incorrect statements in the exercises.
- In the very short answer type questions, you will get to answer in one line the questions related to contact and non-contact forces.
- There are various figure based questions in the short answer type section. In these questions, you will learn to interpret a given situation in terms of force applied due to the interaction between two objects.
- There are 6 long answer questions in the exemplar exercise. All of these questions are based on practical situations from our day to day lives.
- You will get to reason these relatable situations using the concepts mentioned in this chapter of NCERT Exemplar.
Why Use NCERT Exemplar Class 8 Science Problems with Solutions Chapter 11 by Instasolv?
- The exercise solutions of NCERT Class 8 Exemplar for Science Chapter 11 written by our science experts are based strictly on the CBSE guidelines.
- You will be able to get a good conceptual understanding of the concepts of the chapter by taking help from the answers at Instasolv.
- There will be a significant improvement in your marks by studying the answers at Instasolv.