NCERT Exemplar Class 8 Science Chapter 13 Solutions: Sound
NCERT Exemplar Class 8 Science Solutions for Chapter 13 discuss everything about the topic ‘Sound’. We all hear so many sounds around us all day. Now, to know how the sound is produced, it is vital to understand all the topics of the chapter in a detailed way. The important topics covered in the chapter of NCERT Exemplar Class 8 Science are sound and its types, waves, the human ear, noise, noise pollution, etc.
NCERT Exemplar Class 8 Science Chapter 13 has 4 sets of exercises that are multiple-choice questions, very short answer questions, short answer questions as well as long answer questions. There are 25 exemplar problems that cover all the topics of the chapter in a comprehensive way. You are asked to solve these advanced questions to build a strong base on different concepts of the chapter.
Finding solutions to the NCERT Exemplar problems for Class 8 Science Chapter 13 might be a task for you but the Instasolv team will make it easy for you. Insatsolv has the professional experts who provide you guidance at any time when you want to study. Thus, now you can prepare for your exams in an easy way.
Important Topics for NCERT Science Exemplar Solutions Class 8 Chapter 13 – Sound
When the air molecules vibrate in a particular given pattern, some type of energy is produced. This form of energy is known as sound. These vibrations can travel through the air and any other medium also. Also without vibration sound cannot be produced.
- Types of sounds
- AUDIBLE SOUND – Human Ear can hear vibrations whose frequency lies between 20 Hz to 20,000 Hz. It is also known as the sonic range.
- INAUDIBLE SOUND – Human Ear cannot hear sounds which have a frequency above 20,000 Hz and below 20 Hz
A disturbance in a medium of sound which carries energy without the movement of particles is known as a wave. Waves usually involve a periodic, repetitive movement. There are 2 types of waves:
- Transverse Waves
- Longitudinal Waves
- Human Ear
The Human Ear consists of 3 major parts:
- The outer ear is known as the Pinna
- The middle ear
- The Inner Ear is known as the Cochlea
An unpleasant sound is known as noise. It consists of the sound waves of different frequencies that have no fixed periodic pattern of repeating themselves. Therefore Noise can be called a mixture of sound waves that have irregular frequencies.
- Noise Pollution
Noise pollution is the presence of unpleasant and undesirable sounds in our surroundings. This unpleasant sound can damage the healing power of human beings. In general, we consider those sounds noise which has more than 30 dB frequency. Noise pollution is very common in cities and villages too.
Exercise Discussion of NCERT Science Exemplar Solutions Class 8 Chapter 13 – Sound
- The chapter consists of 25 questions in total that cover all the basics and concepts of the chapter.
- The first 10 questions of the chapter are multiple-choice questions. You will have to find answers on the mediums in which sound travels, on what factors does the loudness of a sound depends, what statements are correct, etc.
- The next 5 questions are very short answer questions in which you have to evaluate the concepts. You will have to answer the questions like if your body vibrates while you speak, musical instruments that produce sound with vibration, etc.
- The next 5 questions are short answer questions. You will be asked to find the time period and frequency of the oscillation, explaining why the sound produced by vibration is not always heard, sources of noise pollution, etc.
- The last 5 questions are long answer questions that cover the summary of the chapter. The questions ask you about how the sound is produced, or you will have to answer based on the diagram.
- All these 25 questions together work as a revision guide so as to make your learning easy and will help you score high marks.
Benefits of NCERT Exemplar Class 8 Science Chapter 13 by Instasolv
Instasolv is an online learning platform that has professionals from different fields like science, maths and other academic subjects. Our team works together and renders the best guidance on all the chapters through our NCERT Exemplar problems and solutions for class 8 Science.
With the use of the best digital technology to provide you with NCERT Exemplar Class 8 Science Chapter 13 solutions in the best manner. We make sure that the study material you get is easy to understand, accessible and affordable. Refer to these solutions and clarify all the concepts related to chapter ‘sound’.