NCERT Exemplar Class 8 Science Chapter 3 Solutions: Synthetic Fibres and Plastics
NCERT Exemplar Solutions for Class 8 Science Chapter 3 – Synthetic Fibres and Plastic contains all the core concepts of the chapter and helps you in preparing well for your CBSE exams. These NCERT Exemplar problems and solutions will ensure that you have a thorough revision of all the questions of the chapter.
NCERT Class 8 Science Exemplar Chapter 3 ‘Synthetic Fibres and Plastic’ comprises a total of 4 exercises and 29 questions that are diverse and informative in nature. All of these questions are based on the major concepts of the chapter like synthetic wools, polymer, plastic consumption, and artificial silk. The exercise comprises short-answer questions, very-short answer questions, crosswords, multiple-choice questions, and long-answer questions.
Our NCERT Exemplar Solutions for Class 8 Science Chapter 3 ‘Synthetic Fibres and Plastic’ aims at ensuring that all your doubts are resolved at one place and you are not stuck in finding various resources. Our Exemplar solutions will eliminate all the unnecessary stress from your study curriculum and replace it with a comfortable, productive and impactful learning environment. We guarantee that you will be able to score well in the exams.
Important Topics for NCERT Exemplar Science Solutions Chapter 3 – Synthetic Fibres and Plastic
Types of Synthetic Fibres
As the name of this chapter suggests, here you will learn about the different types of synthetic Fibres, their uses, and their characteristics. Synthetic Fibres are basically chains of small units which are composed of chemical substances and are joined together.
Some of the types that have been discussed in the chapter are Rayon, Nylon, Polyester, and acrylic. Rayon is made from natural resources like agricultural products. Nylon belongs to the family of synthetic polymers and is widely used in making threads. Polyester is a very common type of fabric which is used by the cloth manufacturing industry
In this chapter, you will also learn about plastic and its consumption in our daily lives. The chapter discusses the characteristics of plastic which makes it suitable to be used in different ways for different purposes.
You will also learn about its impact on earth and nature. You will learn that plastic is a nonbiodegradable material. Tons of plastic waste gets accumulated in the oceans every year and leads to water pollution and causes harm to the ocean and marine life.
Exercise Discussion of NCERT Science Exemplar Solutions Class 8 Chapter 3 – Synthetic Fibres and Plastic
- The chapter has a total of 4 exercises and 29 questions based on the explanations and examples that have been discussed in the chapter.
- The chapter begins with a very simple exercise that contains 10 multiple-choice questions. For example, one of the statements requires you to tell which amongst the given options is not a common property of plastic and the options are given are non – reactive, durable, light in weight and a good conductor of electricity.
- The chapter also has very-short answer questions. For example, you are required to give the chemical name of cotton as a natural polymer, in one of the questions. These also have reasoning and logic-based questions.
- The chapter has short answer questions which include fill in the blanks and match the following problems.
- There are also some very interesting questions like question number 29 which is a crossword puzzle and you need to guess the right answer with the help of given clues along with the crossword.
Why Use NCERT Science Exemplar Solutions Class 8 Chapter 3 – Synthetic Fibres and Plastic by Instasolv
- At Instasolv, we ensure that our NCERT Exemplar Solutions are formulated in a student-friendly and easy to understand language.
- We pay special emphasis on simplifying the CBSE syllabus and providing you a stress-free and comfortable learning space.
- All the NCERT Exemplar Class 8 Science problems and solutions at Instasolv are derived by our expert team which has a remarkable experience in this field.
- They understand the requirements of the students with respect to doubt solving and their engagement with the subject matter.
- We have covered all the exemplar problems that have been discussed in the chapter and summarized all the essential concepts and ideas of the chapter in one place.