NCERT Exemplar Class 8 Science Chapter 4 Solutions: Materials – Metals and Non-Metals
NCERT Exemplar Solutions for Class 8 Science Chapter 4 ‘Materials: Metals and Non – Metals’ have been formulated to make sure that all your needs for successful exam preparations are met. The chapter of NCERT Exemplar Class 8 Science comprises of 4 exercises and 32 questions in total. There are various kinds of questions including multiple-choice questions, fill in the blanks, true and false, match the column, diagram based questions in this chapter.
The NCERT Exemplar problems of Class 8 Science chapter 4 revolve around the characteristics of metals and nonmetals, oxides, states and temperature of metals. All of these questions will help you in developing a sturdy command on the fundamentals you will learn from the chapter. Instasolv’s NCERT Exemplar Solutions for Class 8 Science Chapter 4 ‘Materials: Metals and Non – Metals’ have been carefully organized by our subject matter experts. We at Instasolv, aim at providing a strain-free study program that is engaging and fruitful at the same time.
Important Topics for NCERT Exemplar Science Solutions Chapter 4 – Materials: Metals and Non-Metals
Physical Properties of Metals and Non-Metals
In this chapter, you will study about the different physical properties which are inherited by metals and nonmetals. These characteristics are very essential and are the major factors on which the usage of these metals and nonmetals are decided. You will come across terms like malleability, ductility, sonority, etc. You will also learn about the exceptions that are there in the case of both metals and nonmetals.
Chemical Properties of Metals and Non-Metals
You will also come across chemical properties of Metals and Non metals in the chapter. One of these properties include the reaction of Metals and Non metals with acid. For example, non-metals do not react with acids but metals react with them and produce a hydrogen gas which makes a pop sound when it burns. Another chemical property is the reaction of these materials with different bases. In the case of non-metals, they react to form complex reactions with bases.
Uses of Metals and Non–Metals
As discussed earlier, you will learn about the different properties of metals and nonmetals in this chapter. These properties will not just be limited to physical aspects but will also cover the chemical aspects. You will learn about the uses of metals and nonmetals on the basis of these factors, for instance, copper is a good conductor of electricity and being a conductor is its virtue as a metal.
Based on their reactivity with acids and other substances, these metals and nonmetals are put to various uses. Non-metals are used in making fertilizers and in the process of water purification. Metals are also used in making jewellery and objects like tools.
Exercise Discussion of NCERT Science Exemplar Solutions Class 8 Chapter 4 – Materials: Metals and Non-Metals
- The chapter of NCERT Exemplar Class 8 Science begins with a very simple exercise that includes multiple-choice questions. For instance, one of the questions asks which metal can be cut with the help of a knife and the options given are iron, gold, sodium, and magnesium.
- The chapter also has a very-short answer based questions where you need to give to the point answers which are crisp and very precise. One of the questions requires you to name two metals which are soft and can be easily cut with the help of a knife.
- The chapter has short answer questions which include a diagram-based question. Question 23 has the image of bulb connected to a battery and you are asked to fill in the blanks based on your observation of the image.
- The long answer questions contain many interesting questions like question number 31, which is a word grid. There is also a crossword puzzle in the exercise with hints to solve the questions.
Why Use NCERT Science Exemplar Problems with Solutions Class 8 Chapter 4 – Materials: Metals and Non-Metals by Instasolv
- We have framed our NCERT Exemplar answers for Class 8 Science Chapter 4 in an easy to comprehend and student-friendly language.
- Under our guidance, we make sure that all your needs for preparing the lesson and scoring good in exams are fulfilled.
- We have ensured that all the vital concepts and fundamentals are compiled together in a simplified form, for you to get a relaxed as well as a fruitful learning experience.
- Our solutions follow all the latest updates of the CBSE class 8 Science syllabus.
- The CBSE Class 8 Science NCERT Exemplar Solutions for Chapter 4 ‘Materials: Metals and Non – Metals’ by Instasolv are free to access and learn.
- To score well in the exam, you should only look up to NCERT Solutions and NCERT Exemplar Class 8 Science Solutions as they are self-sufficient and cover the entire syllabus of CBSE.