NCERT Exemplar Class 8 Science Chapter 6 Solutions: Combustion and Flame
NCERT Exemplar Solutions for Class 8 Science Chapter 6 ‘Combustion and Flame’ cover all the crucial topics of the chapter for CBSE Class 8 Science exams. Once you engage with these solutions, you will have a thorough revision of combustible substances, non-combustible substances, chemical processes, calorific value, ignition point, heating, and some common fuels.
Chapter 6 ‘Combustion and Flames’ of NCERT Exemplar Class 8 Science comprises of a total of 4 exercises and 38 questions which are all diverse and edifying in nature. There are questions where you have to match the ignition properties of various substances. In some questions, you have to categorize substances that can catch fire and those who cannot catch fire. There are questions related to forest fires.
The NCERT Exemplar problems with solutions for Class 8 Science Chapter 6 by Instasolv, is a complete study material which will assist you in preparing for your CBSE Class 8 Science exams well. These solutions support a stress-free and productive form of learning. They will ensure that you form a stern command on all the concepts that have been introduced in the chapter and get a thorough practice of all the NCERT Exemplar problems in the chapter.
Important Topics for NCERT Exemplar Solutions for Class 8 Science Chapter 6 – Combustion and Flame
In Chapter 6 of NCERT Class 8 Science Exemplar, you will be introduced to the concept of combustion. You will learn that combustion is a chemical process which happens when a substance tends to react with oxygen and emits heat. You will also come across terms like combustible and fuel. The chapter has numerous experiments and activities revolving around combustion.
In this chapter, you will also learn about ignition temperature. It has been explained as the lowest temperature at which a substance catches fire. Until a substance reaches its ignition temperature it can not catch fire. The substances which have very low ignition temperature and can catch fire very easily are known as inflammable substances. The chapter provides a comparison between different substances and explores numerous ways of stopping a substance from catching fire and preventing fire.
Exercise Discussions for NCERT Exemplar Solutions for Class 8 Science Chapter 6 – Combustion and Flame
- The first exercise of NCERT Class 8 Science Exemplar Chapter 6 comprise of 15 multiple-choice questions. All the statements given in the exercise are taken directly from the theory of the chapter. You just need to have a basic understanding of the chapter in order to solve this exercise.
- The second exercise consists of very short answer questions. One of the questions includes fill in the blanks which related to combustible and non-combustible substances. There is another question where you are provided with a statement and jumbled words. You are required to arrange the alphabets in order to make sense out of them.
- Next, there are 10 short answer questions like match the columns, state true and false. There is a reasoning question where you need to explain why there is sound on the ignition of a cracker.
- The last exercise comprises of 8 long answer questions. There is a question which requires you to give examples of solid, liquid and gaseous fuel along with their uses. Topics like forest fires, heating of oil and calorific values are also included in this chapter.
Why Use NCERT Science Exemplar Solutions Class 8 Chapter 6 – Combustion and Flame by Instasolv
- Instasolv ensures you get the complete knowledge of Chapter 6 of NCERT Exemplar Class 8 Science with the help of its solutions.
- Once you engage with these NCERT Exemplar problems and solutions, you will not only get a detailed practice of the chapter but will also brush up your methodical and problem-solving skills.
- All our NCERT Exemplar solutions are given in a step by step manner for you to be able to keep up with the process and understand it as well.
- At instasolv, we ensure that no exercise question has been left and you have all the solutions organized in one place.
- Our team has ensured that all our answers are in agreement with the latest CBSE Class 8 Science syllabus and follow all its guidelines.
The most notable factor about our NCERT Exemplar Science problems and solutions for Class 8 Chapter 6 ‘Combustion and Flames’ is that it is free of cost.