NCERT Exemplar Class 8 Science Chapter 9 Solutions: Reproduction in Animals
NCERT Exemplar Class 8 Science Solutions Chapter 9 ‘Reproduction in Animals’ have been created to help you easily solve the science exemplar problems for the chapter. Different modes of reproduction such as asexual and sexual reproduction have been discussed in this chapter of NCERT Exemplar Class 8 Science. You will find a diagrammatic representation of different organs in sexual and asexual reproduction. Also, you will learn about the processes of fertilization and embryo formation in this chapter.
27 questions of different types are included in the exercise of the NCERT Science Exemplar Chapter 9. There are ample questions in these exercises to prepare you for all the exams of your level such as the National Talent Search Exam. Solving these exemplar problems will not just brush up your scientific temperament but will also give you an idea of the pattern of question paper in your CBSE school exams.
The Instasolv solutions are easy to access as our platform has been specifically designed to suit your requirements. All the answers have been covered in a detailed format in the solutions provided to you by the expert team of science at Instasolv. These solutions are compliant with the guidelines given by CBSE.
Important Topics for NCERT Exemplar Class 8 Science Solutions Chapter 9 – Reproduction in Animals
Reproduction and Modes of Reproduction
The process of producing a similar offspring of one’s own species is known as Reproduction. It is essential for the continuation of the species as a life form.
There are different modes of reproduction:
- Asexual Reproduction
- Sexual Reproduction
This type of reproduction occurs when there is a fusion of the female and the male gametes, also known as the germ cells. It occurs in both plants and animals.
Male Reproductive Organs
- These are a pair of testes, sperm ducts, and penis.
- Sperms are single cells consisting of a head, tail, and body and are produced by testes in millions of numbers.
Female Reproductive Organs
- These are ovaries, oviducts also known as fallopian tubes and the uterus.
- The female germ cells are known as ova.
- When the male gametes come in contact with the female gametes, then the nucleus of one cell is fused with another cell. This fusion of a female and a male gamete is known as fertilization.
- The process of fertilization forms a single fused cell. It is termed as a zygote. Internal fertilization occurs when the fusion occurs inside the body of the mother such as humans, dogs, etc. In external fertilization, the fusion of cells occurs outside the mother’s body such as frogs.
Development of Embryo
- The zygote formed in the process of fertilization divides into a number of grouped cells forming a ball of tissues, which keeps on dividing to form organs of the organism. This ball of the group of dividing cells is known as the embryo. It sticks to the wall of the uterus and develops into a fetus.
- The animals that give birth to offspring are called viviparous and the animals that lay eggs are called oviparous.
- When an organism develops into adult organisms by undergoing major changes, the process is known as metamorphosis.
Binary fission in Amoeba and Budding in Hydra are examples of asexual reproduction. The parent organism divides to reproduce in asexual reproduction.
Exercise Discussion of the NCERT Exemplar Class 8 Science Chapter 9 – Reproduction in Animals
- The first sections of the NCERT Exemplar exercises contain MCQs which will require you to select the odd one out and find out the correct or incorrect statements in some questions.
- Therefore, to be able to solve these questions, you require a deep conceptual understanding of the chapter.
- The section comprising of very short answer type questions are of practical in nature and contains questions like rearranging the steps of metamorphosis, etc,
- Short answer questions include paragraph-based fill in the blanks questions and labeling of diagrams.
- This will help you memorize the concepts pictorially and hence, effectively.
- There are 4 long answer questions related to the functions of different organs and processes involved in the science of reproduction in detail.
Why use NCERT Exemplar Class 8 Science Solutions Chapter 9 by Instasolv?
- The NCERT Exemplar Class 8 problems and solutions for CBSE Science Chapter 9 solutions prepared the expert Science teachers of Instasolv.
- Our solutions answer all the most frequently occurring queries in these exemplar solutions.
- You will find the answers to the exemplar questions to be reliable for your homework and school exams.
- The solutions at Instasolv are absolutely free
- To add on to your convenience, you can refer to these solutions at any time as per your choice.