NCERT Exemplar Class 9 Maths Chapter 12 Solutions: Heron’s Formula
NCERT Exemplar Class 9 Maths Solutions Chapter 12 is going to teach you the important concepts of Heron’s Formula. The formula is named after the expert mathematician Heron. In the earlier chapters of NCERT Exemplar Class 9 Maths, you found out the area of different triangles like an isosceles triangle and equilateral triangle, etc. Heron’s Formula is going to guide you about how to find the area of the scalene triangle given its all sides. You will be able to find the areas of all triangle types making use of Heron’s Formula.
The chapter consists of 4 exercises covering around 36 NCERT Exemplar problems. These questions check your learning and understanding capability. The exercises are designed in such a manner that you will easily prepare for other competitive exams as well along with CBSE Class 9 exams. Instasolv team provides solutions to all NCERT Class 9 Exemplar Maths Problems related to Chapter 12. We have the best maths experts for class 9 who are well versed in CBSE syllabus and requirements.
Important Topics NCERT Exemplar Class 9 Maths Solutions Chapter 12 – Heron’s Formula
In order to find the area of a triangle, Heron gave us a formula:
Area of a triangle
Where a, b and c are the sides of the triangle, and s = semi-perimeter, i.e., half the perimeter of the triangle = s=(a+b+c)/2
When you don’t need to find the height of a triangle, then Heron’s Formula is easily applicable to find the area.
Applications of Heron’s Formula
When you need to find out the area of a quadrilateral, there is no particular area. But Heron’s Formula is the only solution that helps in finding the area of a quadrilateral when its sides and one of the diagonals are given. To do this, you will have to divide one quadrilateral into two triangles. To find out the area of a quadrilateral, you then have to find the area of each triangle and then add the result of both at the end. The total sum of two divided triangles will give you the area of the quadrilateral.
Exercise Discussion of NCERT Exemplar Class 9 Maths Solutions Chapter 12 – Heron’s Formula
- The first exercise 12.1 has 9 NCERT Exemplar problems in which you need to choose the right answer from the given four options. You will be asked to find the length of the hypotenuse, perimeter or area of a quadrilateral, etc.
- Exercise 12.2 upgrades a level of questions and asks you 9 questions that later ask you for your justification if the given statement is true or false.
- With 10 questions in exercise 12.3, you will have to solve the area of parallelograms or triangles given length of the sides and other things in the question.
- Exercise 12.4 has advanced level 8 questions on finding the area of a trapezium, rectangular plot and square.
Benefits of NCERT Exemplar Solutions for Class 9 Chapter 12 By Instasolv
- Instasolv is a one-stop solution with more than 200 professionals and the best study material where you can prepare not only for your 6-12 classes but also for your other competitive exams.
- All the NCERT Exemplar Class 9 problems and solutions for Class 9 maths chapter 12 are designed in a basic to an advanced level pattern so that you clear all your doubts and practice well not only for your CBSE exam but also for other competitive exams.
- All our solutions are error-free and contain stepwise explanations for your better understanding of the concepts of Heron’s Formula.