NCERT Exemplar Class 9 Maths Chapter 14 Solutions: Statistics and Probability
NCERT Exemplar Class 9 Solutions Maths Chapter 14 will give you information on statistics and probability – the two chapters of NCERT Exemplar Class 9 Maths that help in analyzing data. You will learn about data collection. With probability, you will be able to find out an outcome of any event happening. You will also learn about the collection and presentation of data in graphical form, measuring the central tendency, or the basic approach to probability.
The chapter contains 4 exercises 72 exemplar questions. The NCERT Exemplar Class 9 Chapter 14 Problems have been designed to check your understanding level for all types of questions. From multiple-choice questions to long questions, you will have to solve all using your knowledge that you possess about the chapter. Being a Class 9 student, you will be facing issues in understanding the complex chapters but Instasolv aims at making the chapter easy for you. We provide you with the best guidance on the subject maths so that you can prepare well for your exams.
Important Topics for NCERT Exemplar Class 9 Solutions Maths Chapter 14 – Statistics and Probability
Collection of Data
You will be understanding how to collect the data and how to present it in a proper format. You will understand the range of data that refers to the difference between high and low values. The chapter guides you about class intervals, and the upper and lower class limit.
After understanding all these concepts, you will be able to present data.
Then you will learn how to graphically present a collection of data. Under this section, you will know about bar graphs that help in making the pictorial representation of data in the form of bars that are drawn with uniform width and equal spacing between them. Also, you will learn about the histogram that helps in presenting a grouped frequency data using class intervals. Also, you will know how to find the mean, median and mode.
Mean, Median and Mode
- Meanfor n observations.
- Median refers to the measure of central tendency.
- The mode is the value that occurs most frequently in a set of data.
- In this section, you will learn about the chances of a particular outcome that occur in an experiment in probability.
- You will also know about ‘trial’. When you get one or several outcomes in an event or an experiment.
- The event refers to the collection of outcomes of an experiment.
- You will also know how to find the empirical probability based on the outcome of trials. If n is the total of trials for an Event E, then the probability is given as,
- You will understand all the other concepts of probability in the chapter in detail with the different activities.
Exercise Discussion of NCERT Exemplar Class 9 Solutions Maths Chapter 14 – Statistics and Probability
- Exercise 14.1 has 30 questions that are multiple-choice questions. These questions are based on statistics and probability in which you need to find the correct answer from the given four options.
- Exercise 14.2 has 10 questions in which you need to justify the statement if it is true or false giving a proper reason to your answer.
- Exercise 14.3 has 20 questions in which you need to find out the mean, median and mode from the given collection of data.
- Exercise 14.4 contains 12 questions in which you need to draw histograms from the given data.
- The exercises are a bit complex and you need proper knowledge of all the topics of the chapter.
Benefits of NCERT Exemplar Class 9 Solutions Maths Chapter 14 – Statistics and Probability by Instasolv
The Instasolv team provides the best guidance in Maths. If you are facing issues in understanding the NCERT Exemplar Class 9 Maths Problems Chapter 14, then your worries totally end with us. We make use of the best technology to provide you will easy to understand solutions to the Exemplar problems.
We aim at making the concepts easy for you by providing stepwise solutions for the topics of statistics and probability. From preparing for your CBSE board exams to preparing for the other competitive exams like IIT JEE, NEET, our NCERT Exemplar solutions will be of great help.