NCERT Exemplar Class 9 Maths Chapter 3 Solutions: Coordinate Geometry
NCERT Exemplar Class 9 Maths Solutions Chapter 3 are introduced to help you study the basic concepts of Coordinate Geometry. You have already learned how to locate a point on a line and how to describe that point on the line. With the help of NCERT Exemplar Class 9 Maths problems and solutions for chapter 3, you will learn to represent the position of point referencing to more than one line.
NCERT Exemplar Problems and solutions for class 9 maths chapter 3 are helpful because you will get to learn the subtopics in a sequence. Important topics that are covered in this chapter are the cartesian system, coordinates, and working with quadrants. This chapter consists of 4 exercises and 46 exemplar problems in total. These exercises will help you practice the topics incoherence so that you move forward step-by-step. These exercises include the topics which are of the CBSE exam point of view and help you score better in your exams.
Important Topics for NCERT Exemplar Solutions Maths Class 9 Chapter 3 – Coordinate Geometry
- Coordinate Geometry is one of the essential branches of Maths whose study was made into existence by a French philosopher and mathematician named Rene Descartes. In NCERT Exemplar problems and solutions for Class 9 Maths Chapter 3 ‘Coordinate Geometry’, you will learn about a very vital topic of the cartesian coordinate system.
- This two-dimensional structure is also called a rectangular coordinate system or an orthogonal coordinate system. It is an ordered pair of perpendicular lines, which are also known as axes. You will learn about the orientation of both vertical and horizontal axes.
- NCERT exemplar problems and solutions for CBSE Class 9 will help you with the basics of lining on a graph. To plot a point, you will make two lines out of which one will be horizontal, and the other will b vertical. These lines will intersect each other, and that point will be known as the origin.
Important Definitions for NCERT Exemplar problems and solutions for Class 9 Maths Chapter 3:
- In simple words, the plane is known as Cartesian, and the lines on the plane are known as coordinate axes.
- The horizontal line is called the x-axis, and the vertical line is called the y-axis.
- These axes divide the plane into 4 parts, which are known as quadrants.
- These 4 quadrants have different coordinates. The first quadrant has (+,+), the second quadrant has (-.+), the third quadrant has (-,-), and the fourth quadrant has (+,-). The plus sign denotes positive real numbers, whereas the minus sign denotes negative real numbers.
- The distance between a point and the y-axis is called abscissa. The distance between a point and x-axis is called ordinate.
- The term (x,y) are the coordinates when the abscissa of a point is x, and the ordinate of a point is y.
- The coordinates are (0,0) when the point is of origin.
- If x ≠y then (x,y) ≠ (y,x). Similarly, if x=y then (x,y) = (y,x).
Exercises of NCERT Exemplar Solutions Maths Class 9 Chapter 3 – Coordinate Geometry
- Exercise 3.1 consists of 12 questions in which you need to find out the correct option. In this exercise, you need to identify the quadrant or the axis in which the point lies, or finding the abscissa or ordinates of the points.
- Exercise 3.2 consists of only true or false justification questions that checks if you can identify whether the points lie in the same plane or of the coordinates of the plane given are correct.
- Exercise 3.3 consists of 6 questions. you are asked to plot the points on the graph, find the quadrant in which the points lie, or find the coordinates as asked in the question.
- Exercise 3.4 consists of only 2 questions. In these questions, you need to plot the points and to find the right coordinates of the given situation.
Why Use NCERT Exemplar Solutions Maths Class 9 Chapter 3 – Coordinate Geometry by Instasolv?
- We aim to provide the best NCERT Exemplar Class 9 problems with solutions for class 9 maths chapter 3. Our team works consistently to facilitate you with the problems that are of the CBSE exam point of view.
- Instasolv has professionals who provide all the solutions to the questions in a systematic manner so that the learners can find it easy to practice on their own.
- Our professionals understand exactly what a student expects from a good learning book. We aspire to help you grow and learn better.
- The NCERT Exemplar problems and solutions can be accessed from anywhere and at any time. Studying with us will eventually save your time and energy.