NCERT Exemplar Class 9 Maths Chapter 8 Solutions: Quadrilaterals
NCERT Exemplar Class 9 Maths Solutions for Chapter 8 are your best study companion as they contain easy to understand solutions to all basic to advanced level questions of the chapter. This chapter of NCERT Class 9 Maths Exemplar contains 4 exercises that cover around 56 questions. These questions cover different topics like proving if a figure is a parallelogram or rhombus, finding the angles of different types of figures such as trapezium, parallelogram, rectangle, etc. The midpoint theorem is one of the very important concepts of this chapter.
NCERT Exemplar Class 9 Maths Chapter 8 contains various kinds of Exemplar problems such as MCQs that might seem easy to solve at one but require a proper understanding of the chapter. Similarly, there are state true and false and fill in the blanks along with long answer questions that are of varying difficulty levels.
If any of the Exemplar problems seem difficult, you can refer to the NCERT Exemplar Solutions Class 9 Maths Chapter 8 by Insatsolv. Instasolv provides you with the best study material for the topic Quardilaterals through NCERT Exemplar Solutions to make your study time easy. All of these solutions will help you enhance your knowledge regarding the chapter and hence will enable you to get more marks in your exams.
Important Topics for NCERT Exemplar Class 9 Maths Solutions Chapter 8: Quadrilaterals
A figure that you form by joining 4 points in order is known as a quadrilateral. A quadrilateral consists of 4 angles, 4 sides, and 4 vertices.
Types of Quadrilaterals
- Trapezium: When the 2 opposite sides of a quadrilateral are parallel, then the quadrilateral is referred to as Trapezium.
- Parallelogram: When both pairs of the opposite sides of a quadrilateral are parallel then it is known as Parallelogram.
- Rectangle: When the angle is a right angle in a parallelogram then it is known as a Rectangle.
- Rhombus: A parallelogram whose all the sides are equal is known as Rhombus.
- Square: A parallelogram whose all the sides are equal in length and it consists of one right angle is known as a square.
- Kite: When the two pairs of at adjacent sides are equal and the figure is not a parallelogram then it is known as a Kite.
Some important points to solve the NCERT Exemplar problems of the chapter:
- A kite is never a parallelogram, a square is a rhombus and a rectangle but a rhombus and a rectangle is not a square.
- The sum of all interior angles of a quadrilateral is 360 degrees.
- A diagonal in the parallelogram divides it into 2 congruent triangles.
- A diagonal in a rectangle divides the rectangle into 2 equal halves.
- Diagonal of a rhombus divided into 2 equal halves making an angle of 90 degrees.
- Diagonals of a square have equal length and divide the square into equal halves making an angle of 90 degrees at the intersection point.
Properties of a Parallelogram
- Each pair of opposite angles are equal in the parallelogram.
- If the diagonals of a quadrilateral divide themselves into 2 equal halves then the quadrilateral is known as a parallelogram.
- In the chapter, you will know about other properties of a parallelogram along with the midpoint theorem.
Exercise Discussion of NCERT Exemplar Class 9 Maths Solutions Chapter 8: Quadrilaterals
- The chapter contains 4 exercises that individually cover all the topics of the chapter.
- Exercise 8.1 consists of 7 multiple choice questions where you need to choose the correct option. There are questions based on finding the angles of quadrilaterals and the angles between the diagonals of different quadrilaterals.
- Exercise 8.2 has 7 questions in which you need to give proper reasoning to the situations asked. For instance, you need to prove that if a figure contains 4 acute angles or are the diagonals of a figure are equal and perpendicular, etc.
- Exercise 8.3 contains 5 questions in which you need to prove a figure as a parallelogram, rhombus, triangle, etc.
- Exercise 8.4 consists of 9 questions in which you need to use midpoint theorem. Also, you need to show if the quadrilateral is a parallelogram, a square, etc. also, you will be asked to prove if the diagonal bisects the angle of a quadrilateral, square rhombus, etc.
Benefits of the NCERT Exemplar Solutions Class 9 Maths Chapter 8: Quadrilateral by Instasolv
- Maths is one of the tough subjects among the students of class 9 but the experts at Instasolv aim at making all the chapters easy for you.
- If you have been practising NCERT Exemplar Class 9 Maths Chapter 8 problems, and facing issues to find the right solutions, then the Instasolv team will prove to be the best educational team.
- The experts provide you with the detailed notes as well as the appropriate solutions to each question mentioned in NCERT Exemplar Class 9 Maths Chapter 8.
- All the solutions are created as per the latest CBSE exam pattern for Class 8 Maths and follow the NCERT syllabus as well.