NCERT Exemplar Class 9 Science Chapter 15 Solutions: Improvement In Food Resources
NCERT Exemplar Class 9 Science Solutions for Chapter 15 ‘Improvement in Food Resources’ are entirely based on the latest CBSE exam pattern so that you can score optimum marks. Different exercises are given in the chapter that includes 49 questions. Exercises in this chapter of NCERT Class 9 Science Exemplar cover multiple-choice type questions to long answer questions. In order to solve these questions, you need to have a thorough understanding of the topics mentioned in the chapter.
NCERT Exemplar Class 9 Science Chapter 15 ‘Improvement in Food Resources’ covers topics like improvement in crop yields, crop production management, and improvement, animal husbandry, etc. This chapter can be easily related to real-life as you must understand the importance of fats, vitamins, and minerals for the development of the human body.
The science experts at Instasolv strive together to make the entire course content trouble-free. The team prepares the NCERT Exemplar solutions in a simplified manner that you will no more face difficulty in understanding the Exemplar problems. The main expertise of the entire team is to make chapters easy for you by giving you proper detailing on different topics covered in the chapter.
Important Topics for NCERT Exemplar Class 9 Science Solutions Chapter 15: Improvement in Food Resources
Animal husbandry and agriculture have been making efforts in order to meet the requirements of food by hiking up food production. Now the question comes, are some changes essential in food production? Why is the latest production level not up to the mark? In order to find the answers to the questions, you have to go through the chapter properly to understand the below-listed topics.
Improvement in Crop Yields
Wheat, rice, maize, millets, etc are some cereals that provide us carbohydrates. Carbohydrates are essential for a human body as they provide energy. Pulses, oilseeds, vegetables, spices, and fruits Small amounts of fats, proteins, minerals, etc. everything that is grown in crops needs different climatic conditions. In order to make the crop and the product better several practices are involved in farming that contains 3 stages:
- Crop variety improvement
- Crop production improvement
- Crop protection management
Crop Variety Improvement
Under this section, you will know how the right kind of crop is found to give a good yield. The chapter will tell you about different methods on how to improve the crop. Different ways are discussed that tell about the desirable characters to put into different varieties of the crop. Also, you will know about hybridization. This is a method of crossing between genetically dissimilar crops.
Crop Production Management
This topic tells about different practices that are involved in farming at different levels. These methods consist of low-cost production, no-cost production, and high-cost production. This management comprises nutrient management that gives us information about fertilizers and manure. This section also covers how the irrigation is carried, what are the different cropping patterns, etc.
Crop Protection Management
We all know that the field crops are some were infected by a large number of weeds, diseases, and insect pests. If the farmers won’t control the pests at the right time then the crops will get damaged and might even get lost. In this topic you will know about several methods like weed controlling methods, etc. such methods will help in carrying a good harvest. All the explanations are included in NCERT Exemplar solutions for Class 9 Science.
Animal husbandry is the scientific management of animal livestock, animal husbandry that includes feeding, breeding, as well as disease control. With the name itself, you would have understood that the farming includes got, cattle, sheep, poultry as well as fish farming. The demand for eggs, meat, milk is increasing with the rising population. Under this section, you will understand in detail how animal husbandry works.
Exercise Discussion for NCERT Exemplar Class 9 Science Solutions Chapter 15: Improvement in Food Resources
- NCERT Exemplar Class 9 Science Chapter 15 covers 49 problems in the 3 exercises.
- First, there are around 17 multiple choice questions that cover different topics like sources of carbohydrates, which affects the crop plant, etc.
- The second set of exercises is the short answer questions contains 17 questions covering fill in the blank type questions, differentiating between different processes, one-word answers, etc.
- The last set consists of 13 long answer questions in which you need to tell about the role of hybridization, explaining different processes and methods, etc.
Benefits of NCERT Exemplar Class 9 Science Solutions Chapter 15: Improvement in Food Resources by Instasolv
- You will get the right solutions to all the NCERT Exemplar Class 9 Science Chapter 15 Problems here at Instasolv.
- Our team makes dedicated efforts to solve all your queries related to NCERT Exemplar Class 9 Science topics timely.
- Instasolv has the best experts who aim at making the questions easy for you in different ways. You can now access the solutions from anywhere and at any time.
- We give you the best learning experience making use of the latest CBSE exam patterns and guidelines for creating the NCERT Exemplar solutions for the chapter.