NCERT Exemplar Class 9 Science Chapter 5 Solutions: The Fundamental Unit of Life
NCERT Exemplar Class 9 Science Solutions for Chapter 5 will give you proper information about what makes living organisms. Once, a scientist carried an experiment to identify if the living things comprise something. The study found that living things are made of small units known as cells. The chapter of NCERT Exemplar Class 9 Science will cover different topics like the structure of the cell, cell membrane, cell walls, cytoplasm, nucleus, cell organelles, endoplasmic reticulum, lysosomes, plastids, mitochondria, etc.
This chapter has questions that range from basic to advance level questions covering MCQs, short answer questions and long answer questions. There are 59 exemplar problems in the chapter. Thus, you have an ample number of questions to practice from. The exercises designed are going to help you thoroughly as you will be able to understand the concept of each topic.
Devote your proper time to study the NCERT Exemplar problems and solutions for Chapter 5 so that you can score good marks in your exam. You might feel the exercise questions to be very complex but the Instasolv team aims at making the course content as well as the questions easy in all the manners. The Instasolv team has enabled easily to access solutions for you.
Topics Covered NCERT Exemplar Class 9 Science Solutions Chapter 5 – Fundamental Unit of Life
This chapter is going to discuss living organisms. You need proper dedication while you start understanding the chapter. The different topics covered in the chapter will explain to you about cells.
Structure of Units that Make Living Organisms
Robert Hooke along with an experiment discovered about cells. You will know about different organisms like unicellular organisms, multicellular organisms, etc. every living shell performs a particular function in a living organism’s body. You will know in the chapter about how a shell performs functions. It is essential to understand everything in detail so that you can answer the questions in a proper manner.
Structure of a Cell
In this section, you will know about organelles that are the special components of a cell. If you carry a test of the cell under a microscope then you will see its organizational structure. You will be able to identify that cell consists of three features that are plasma membrane, nucleus and cytoplasm. The other topics explained in detail are:
- Plasma membrane
- Cell ball
- Endoplasmic reticulum
- Vacuoles, etc
You will also understand the diagrammatic representation of all the topics listed above.
Some Important Points to Remember
- The cell is the fundamental unit of life
- Cell balls are essential as they enable the cells of bacteria, fungi, and plants to exist in the hypotonic media without bursting.
- Plastids are the large membranous organelles
- The types of plastids are chromoplast and leucoplast
- Chromoplast consists of chlorophyll and is responsible for performing photosynthesis. On the other hand, leucoplast has storage as its main function.
Exercise Discussion of NCERT Exemplar Class 9 Science Solutions Chapter 5 – Fundamental Unit of Life
- The chapter consists of 59 questions that are divided into different sets of exercises. This division is done below.
- The Multiple Choice Question set consists of 29 questions in which you need to find the right option from the four options that are given to you. This set of exercise checks if you have proper information about finding the right answer.
- The short answer question set has 15 questions. This section covers different topics like answering the common kind of plastids according to the situation, the organelles in plants etc.
- The long answer NCERT Exemplar problems consist of 7 questions that are a combination of diagram questions as well as questions that ask for an explanation. The topics discussed are drawing the plant cell and determining the functions, drawing an animal cell, etc.
Benefits of NCERT Exemplar Class 9 Science Solutions Chapter 5 – Fundamental Unit of Life by Instasolv
- Class 9 Science Chapter 5 might become a task for you as you learn various new topics in this class.
- Understanding all the new concepts is quite essential for you as this class builds the base for your further classes.
- In order to grasp all the concepts properly, you need to test yourself through a different set of questions.
- The NCERT Exemplar Class 9 Science Problems are designed so that you can prepare well for your exams.
- Instasolv team has provided you with the solutions to all the problems of NCERT Exemplar Class 9 Science Chapter 5.