NCERT Exemplar Class 9 Science Chapter 7 Solutions: Diversity In Living Organisms
NCERT Exemplar Class 9 Science Solutions Chapter 7: Diversity in Living Organisms help in preparing perfectly for the upcoming CBSE or the other competitive exams. The NCERT Exemplar Class 9 Science Chapter 7 Solutions are curated by the Instasolv’s team subject matter experts who will help you out in solving the questions making zero mistakes.
Chapter 7 ‘Diversity in Living Organisms’ covers different topics like biodiversity, classification of organisms, groups or levels of organisms, and also the five-kingdom classification. The chapter contains around 57 exemplar problems ranging from basic questions to long answer questions. All the questions are specific about how you need to give your answer.
Writing the appropriate answers for this chapter is a task even if you possess all the knowledge of the concepts. Here, you will get the proper guidance in our NCERT Exemplar Solutions for Chapter 7. Our stepwise explanations and clear answers will help you understand every typical exemplar problem of the chapter. Here are some important points related to the chapter for your knowledge. Then there is a quick discussion on the type of exercises included in the NCERT Exemplar Class 9 Science Chapter 7.
Important Topics for NCERT Exemplar Class 9 Science Solutions Chapter 7: Diversity in Living Organisms
This chapter of NCERT Exemplar covers different topics like living organisms, their types, the classification of organisms, etc. Check below some of the topics discussed in the chapter:
Biodiversity is known as the variety of living organisms that are present on earth. The earth possesses around 20 lakh organisms that differ in several ways.
Classification is known as a process in which different organisms are organized on the basis of their similarities and differences.
- Two Kingdom Classification- The organisms are divided into 2 groups as plants and animals, according to Carolus Linnaeus.
- Five Kingdom Classification- the organisms are divided into 5 groups or kingdoms according to H.Whittaker. These five groups or kingdoms are known as kingdom monera, kingdom Protista, Kingdom Fungi, Kingdom Plantae, and Kingdom Animalia.
Levels or Groups
There are some important characteristics that are taken into consideration to divide organisms into 5 kingdoms. These are:
- Types of Cellular Organization
- Body organization
- Mode of Obtaining Food
Important Points to Remember from the Chapter:
- The classification of organisms is necessary to know the diversity of life forms that is present on earth.
- The major identification patterns to classify organisms into 5 kingdoms are:
- If they are made of eukaryotic or prokaryotic cells
- If the cells are living singly or are organised into multicellular or complex organisms.
- If the cells have cell walls or if they prepare their own food
- According to the above-listed points, the organisms are divided into 5 kingdoms that are Protista, Monera, Fungi, Plantae and Animalia.
- The Binomial nomenclature is a uniform way that helps in identifying the vast diversity of life around us.
- There are five groups of plants: Thallophytes, Bryophytes, Pteridophytes, Gymnosperms, and Angiosperms.
- Animals are further divided into ten groups: Porifera, Coelenterata, Platyhelminthes, Nematoda, Annelida, Arthropoda, Mollusca, Echinodermata, Protochordates and Vertebrata.
Exercise Discussion NCERT Exemplar Class 9 Science Solutions Chapter 7: Diversity in Living Organisms
- There are around 34 multiple choice questions in which you need to choose the correct option. Choosing the correct option checks your understanding if you can really have the knowledge about the chapter. This set asks questions on the scientist who proposed 5 kingdom classification, how the differentiation process occurs, etc.
- The short answer questions are 15 in number which is a combination of true or false justification questions, filling in the blanks or matching the right type as asked in the question. Also, this set has diagram questions in which you need to explain the functioning of a part as asked in the diagram.
- The third set contains 8 long answer questions in which you need to explain your reason properly in the given word limit. Also, you might be asked to draw diagrams that ask you to have knowledge of the same.
- All the questions are designed in a manner that if you solve them, you will score good marks in your final exams. Solving the questions properly shows that you have your concepts clear.
Benefits of NCERT Exemplar Class 9 Science Solutions Chapter 7: Diversity in Living Organisms by Instasolv
- Instasolv, an online learning companion, provides you with the best study material that is written and verified by the subject matter experts.
- The NCERT Exemplar Class 9 Science Chapter 7 Problems are designed according to the latest CBSE exam patterns. Hence, these solutions will immensely help you in CBSE exams.
- The best part of our team is that the team keeps on updating the latest content on the website timely so that you can access it easily.
- Our team makes dedicated efforts in keeping the solutions as per CBSE exam pattern and the content in the easiest form.