NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Science Chapter 10 – Light Reflection and Refraction
NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Science Chapter 10 – Light Reflection and Refraction provided by us are simple and easy to understand. This chapter of NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Science consists of various important topics such as the definition of light, nature of light, the reflection of light by other media and laws of reflection. It also throws light on topics like spherical mirrors, refraction of light, mirror formula and magnification, refraction by a spherical lens, lens formula and power of the lens. It covers all concepts of this chapter in detail.
NCERT CBSE Class 10 Science Chapter 10 comprises 5 question sets within the chapter and an exercise at the end of the chapter. Our NCERT Solutions answer all questions from all question sets and the exercise in a step by step manner. They help you improve your conceptual foundation and keep all your concepts clear. They include all relevant examples and illustrative diagrams to facilitate easy, quick and effective understanding. The question sets and the exercise comprises various types of questions that can be asked in your board exams such as MCQs, short answer questions, long answer questions, formula based numerical, application-based questions and scenario-based questions.
Our NCERT Solutions have been drafted by expert Science teachers on the basis of the latest CBSE Class 1o Science Syllabus. They help you in learning and revising effectively during your exams and help you score splendidly in your board exams. With our NCERT Solutions as your study partner, you will learn various smart study strategies that will give you a definite learning advantage.
CBSE NCERT Class 10 Science Chapter 10
Our smart NCERT Solutions for Class 10th Science Chapter 10 – Light Reflection and Refraction, discusses the various forms of lights and reflection. It covers all significant concepts from the chapter they have been discussed below.
- Reflection of Light
This part of Class 10 Science Light Reflection and Refraction, educates you about various phenomena that light undergoes and what is a regular and irregular reflection of light. Here, you will understand how the objects are classified based on their interaction with light. You will also learn about the characteristics of light, and reflection of light by other media.
- Laws of Reflection
This section of the chapter tells you about the laws of reflection. Here you will learn that on a plane mirror the Angle of incidence = Angle of reflection [∠i=∠r]. When light reflects on a plane mirror then the reflected ray, the incident ray and the normal lie on the same plane.
This chapter also teaches you about the propagation of light, Fermat’s Theorem, plane mirror, characteristics of plane images, image formation by a plane mirror, and the principle of reversibility of light.
- Spherical Mirrors
In this segment, you shall come to know about the mirrors which are curved in shape and why they are called spherical mirrors. Further, this chapter also teaches you about the two primary types of spherical mirrors, namely, Convex mirror and Concave mirror.
In the later part of Class 10 Science Light, Reflection and Refraction discuss the centre of curvature, the radius of curvature, pole, principal axis, principal focus, focal length and secondary axis. This chapter also focuses on topics such as Image formation by the spherical mirror, Representation of images formed by spherical mirrors using ray diagrams and Sign Convention for Reflection by Spherical Mirrors.
It also talks in detail about the Mirror Formula and Magnification. Here while learning how to calculate you will be using positive and negative signs. The positive sign is an indication of the virtual image, and a negative sign is an indication of a real image. Here you will be learning about the mirror formula which has been represented below.
1/v + 1/u = 1/f
Where the image distance is v, the object distance is u, and the focal length of the spherical mirror is f.
Here you will also learn that the ratio between the height of the image and the height of the object is the magnification produced through a spherical mirror,
- Refraction of Light
This section of NCERT Class 10 Science Chapter 10 discusses why refraction involves more than one medium, unlike reflection. Further, you will read about terminologies of refraction where incident ray, angle of incidence, point of incidence, refracted ray, normal and angle of refraction.
- Refraction by Spherical Lenses
This section of CBSE NCERT Class 10 Science Chapter 10 educates you on two types of lenses, convex and concave lense. Besides, you shall also read about the terms used when the light reflects through a surface and determine the nature of an image created. Such terms are Principal axis, Optical centre (O), Principal foci, First principal focus (F1) and Second principal focus (2F1).
NCERT CBSE Class 10 Science Chapter 10 Questions
Our NCERT Solutions answers the questions of all 4 question sets within the chapter and the exercise at the end of the chapter. Below is a brief overview of the question sets.
- Set 1 consists of 4 questions and all the questions are short answer question types. Question 1 focuses on the principal focus of a concave mirror. Question 2 is based on the focal length concept. Question 3 and 4 are based on enlarged images of an object and rearview mirrors in vehicles.
- Set 2 consists of 2 questions and both the questions are formula based problem-solving questions. Question 1 is based on the focal length of a convex mirror, and question 2 is based on the location of an image which basically needs you to use the height and distance of the image concept.
- Set 3 consists of 5 questions. Question 1 is about the ray of light, and you have to explain towards which side the light bends. In question 2 you have to solve a problem based on the speed of light in the glass. Question 3 and 4 are based on the optical density concept where you have to figure out in which medium the light travels faster. Question 5 is a statement based question, in which you have to explain the statement.
- Set 4 consists of 3 questions. Question 1 is a short answer question, which is about the power of lense. Question 2 and 3 are based on the concept of the convex lens.
The exercise at the end of the chapter comprises 17 questions. The brief of the same has been given below.
- Questions 1 to 6 are multiple-choice questions. Here, you will have to choose one correct option from the given options.
- Question 7 is a scenario-based question, in which you have to find the nature of the image and distance of the image placed.
- Questions 8 and 9 are situation based questions, in which you have to find the types of mirrors used in different situations.
- Question 10 to 17, all are diagrammatic and problem-solving questions.
Benefits of NCERT CBSE Class 10 Science Chapter 10 Solutions
Our Smart NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Science Chapter 10- Light Reflection and Refraction come with multiple benefits. Some of them have been cited below.
- Our NCERT Solutions are crisp and concise and follow a logical flow to help you learn faster and more efficiently.
- With the help of these solutions, you can grasp difficult concepts quickly and easily.
- They ensure that your learning process is more fun, interactive, efficient and engaging.
- Our academic experts have provided you with the solutions which are all-inclusive and a hundred percent accurate.
- They help you quickly become thorough with all the concepts taught in the chapter and score high in your board exams.
- They are perfect for effective revision during your board exams.