NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Science Chapter 11 – Human Eye and Colourful World
NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Science Chapter 11-The Human Eye and the Colourful World are drafted by our subject matter experts in a concise format. This chapter of NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Science covers interesting concepts like the human eye, the structure of a human eye, power of accommodation, defects of vision and their correction. CBSE Class 10 Science Syllabus also covers dispersion of white light by a glass prism, atmospheric refraction, scattering of light and Tyndall effect.
This chapter consists of 2 exercises with 4 and 13 questions, respectively. These questions comprehensively cover all concepts of the chapter. Our NCERT Solutions answer all questions from all exercises in detail and in a step by step manner. They cover all question types that are important from your board exam point of view.
Our NCERT Solutions have been drafted on the basis of the latest CBSE Class 10 Science Syllabus. They have been drafted in a simple language and in a well-organised manner. They help you learn faster and more efficiently. They are perfect for both learning and revising during your board exams. They not only help you in excelling in your board exams but also expand your knowledge base.
CBSE NCERT Class 10 Science Chapter 11
This segment of NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Science Chapter 11-The Human Eye and the Colourful World, educates you about one of the most complex organs of the body the human eye.
- The Human Eye
Here, the chapter talks about various parts of the eye such as Retina, Cornea, pupil, ciliary muscles aqueous humour, optical nerve and Iris. You will also learn the functions of the various eye parts. Here you will be taught about the real and inverted image which is formed on the retina. You will also understand how the brain receives signals from the light-sensitive cells.
- Power of Accommodation
This part of NCERT Class 10 Science Chapter 11, discusses how eye lenses use focal lense to increase and decrease the objects based on the distance. Near point and far point of the eyes are also a part of this concept.
- Defects of Vision and their Correction
This section of the chapter educates you about three common defects of vision. You will learn what myopia, hypermetropia, cataract and presbyopia are. You will also learn about how each of the vision defects can be corrected.
- Dispersion of White Light by a Glass Prism
In Class 10 Science The Human Eye and The Colourful World shall teach you how white light which passes through a prism splits into a band of colours. Spectrum is the band of colours. In the other part of the chapter, you will read about the Refraction of Light Through a Prism, prism, angle of the prism, angle of deviation, dispersion of white light through a glass prism, composition of white light, polychromatic light, recombination of white light rainbow and formation of the rainbow.
- Atmospheric Refraction
This segment of Class 11 Science The Human Eye and the Colourful World, focuses on what is atmospheric refraction and various concepts and how it plays an important role in different phenomenons.
- Twinkling of Stars
Here you will learn that the twinkling of stars happens through refraction, which takes place when the light enters the atmosphere.
- Advance Sunlight and Delayed Sunset
This chapter teaches you that due to the atmospheric refraction, the sunrise is visible 2 minutes before the sunrise and sunset will appear after the 2 minutes of the actual sunset.
- Tyndall Effect
In NCERT CBSE Class 10 Science Chapter 11 you will come to know that when a beam of light strikes the minute particles of the earth’s atmosphere, molecules of air and the dust particles, then the beam path becomes visible. This scattering of light causes the Tyndall effect.
This chapter also teaches you why the sky appears to be blue.
NCERT CBSE Class 10 Science Chapter 11 Exercise Questions
NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Science Chapter 11 – The Human Eye and the Colourful World answers all the 4 and 13 questions of the 2 exercises of this chapter in detail.
This exercise has 4 questions that have been discussed below.
- Question 1 is a direct short answer question based on the power of accommodation of the eye. Question 2 is a scenario-based question, where the question is based on a myopic eye.
- Question 3 is a direct short answer question, in which you will have to explain the far point and near point of the human eye.
- Question 4 is a scenario-based question, in which you have to explain the given statement in detail with supporting diagrams.
This exercise has 13 questions. They have been discussed below.
- Question 1 to question 4 is multiple choice questions in which you have to choose one option from the given four options.
- Question 5 is a formula based question, which is from distant vision and near vision topics.
- Questions 6 and question 7 are formula based solving questions, in which you have to find the nature and power of the lens, and you will have to draw a diagram based on hypermetropia.
- Question 8 and question 9 are short answer questions from the distance of an image concept.
- Question 10 and question 11 are short answer questions from the atmospheric refraction topic.
- Question 12 and question 13 are short answer questions from the scattering of light concepts where you need to explain about the sky colour.
Benefits of NCERT CBSE Class 10 Science Chapter 11 Solutions
There are a plethora of advantages of learning from our smart and systematic NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Science Chapter 11– The Human Eye and the Colourful World. Some of them have been discussed below.
- Our NCERT Solutions help you develop a strong hold of the concepts covered in this chapter. This will help you score high marks in your board exams.
- They help you clear all your doubts instantly.
- They have been drafted in a step by step manner to help you understand difficult concepts easily.
- They ensure that learning is more fun, interesting, engaging and effective.
- They cover all corners of the chapter in detail and include all these concepts with the help of illustrative diagrams and relevant examples wherever necessary.