NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Science Chapter 12 – Electricity
NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Science Chapter 12-Electricity are framed by our experienced faculty, and academic experts are easy to understand and accurate. This chapter covers concepts such as circuit diagram, Ohm’s law, resistors in series and resistors in parallel. In this chapter of NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Science, you will get to know about the heating effects of electric current, electric power and factors on which the resistance of a conductor depends. Here you will also learn about Joule’s law of heating, electric potential and potential difference.
This chapter consists of 1 exercise and 7 question sets. Altogether, there are more than 35 questions that adequately cover all corners of the chapter. Our comprehensive NCERT Class 10 Science Chapter 12 solutions answer all questions in a step by step way and in details. They entail all possible question types that are important from the board exam point of view.
They include short cut techniques on how to solve various questions, relevant examples and illustrative diagrams wherever necessary. Our NCERT Solutions help improve your conceptual knowledge, your retention rate and help you score high in your board exams. They are crisp, concise and comprehensive. Our NCERT CBSE Class 10 Science Chapter 12 solutions have been drafted to help you learn and revise quickly during board exams.
CBSE NCERT Class 10 Science Chapter 12
Our NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Science Chapter 12-Electricity cover various significant concepts. Some of them have been discussed below.
- Electric Current and Circuit
Here, you are introduced to the important aspects related to electricity, namely electric circuit and electric current. This section tells you How moving electrons carry electric current through a conductor. Electric current (I) is represented below.
Electric current (I) = Q/t
Here Q is the electric charge that flows through a cross-section of a conductor in time t.
- Electric Potential and Potential Difference
This part of NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Science Chapter 12 – Electricity, teaches you about the meaning of electric potential and potential difference. It tells you that electric potential is the quantum of electric potential energy at a point. The formula for Potential Difference has been given below.
Potential difference (V) between 2 points = Word done (W)/ Charge (Q)
- Circuit Diagram
Here you will learn what is an electric circuit through an illustrative electric circuit diagram. This section of Class 12 Science Electricity, talks about the switches, resistors, LED’s, capacitors, and how they are connected with each other either in parallel or through a series combination of electric components. Various electronic components within circuits are battery or a collaboration of cells, an electric cell, plug key or closed switch, open switch, wires crossing over without joining, a joint wire, electric bulb, a resistor of resistance, ammeter, and a rheostat or a variable resistance and voltmeter.
- Ohm’s Law
Here you will learn that the potential difference between two points is directly proportional to the electric current at a constant temperature. Ohm’s law has been represented below.
According to Ohm’s law, R = V/I
Where V is the potential difference, I is electric current and R is the constant for a given conductor at a given temperature, and it’s known as resistance.
This part of the chapter tells you about resistance, variable resistance, cause of resistance in a conductor, factors on which resistance of a conductor depends on, resistors in series, and resistors in parallel.
NCERT CBSE Class 10 Science Chapter 12 throws light over the concepts such as the cause of heating effects of electric current, Joule’s law of heating, practical applications of heating effects of electric current electric power, electric bulb, electric iron, electric fuse, and electric power.
NCERT Class 10 Science Chapter 12 Questions
There are a total of 7 sets of In-text questions at the end of the chapter. Our NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Science Chapter 12- Electricity answers all questions in detail. Below is a brief overview.
- IN-Text 12.1 consists of 3 questions. Question 1 is based on an electric circuit. Question 2 is based on the unit of current and question 3 is a problem-based question, in which you have to calculate the number of electrons.
- IN-Text 12.2 consists of 3 questions, in which question 1 and 2 are based on potential difference across a conductor. Question 3 is a problem-based question, which asks you to find the energy given to each coulomb of charge passing through a 6 V Battery.
- IN-Text 12.5 consists of 5 questions, in which question 1 is from the resistance of conductors concept. Question 2, 3, and 4 covers Ohm’s law. Question 5 is a scenario-based question, where you will have to answer the questions based on the table given.
- IN-Text 12.6 consists of 2 questions, where both the questions are based on the concept of circuits.
- IN-Text 12.6.2 consists of 5 questions, Question 1 is from equivalent resistance, where you will have to solve the problem with the given values. Question 2 and 4 are based on the resistors of resistance. Both are diagrammatic questions. Question 5 is a problem based on the resistance.
- IN-Text 12.7 consists of 3 questions. Question 1 is based on heating elements. Question 2 and 3 are to be solved by the amount of current generated.
- IN Text 12.8 consists of 2 questions, where both the questions are based on the energy consumed.
NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Science Chapter 12-Electricity consists of one exercise at the end with 18 questions. Below is a brief overview.
- Question 1, 4, 6, 17, 13, 12, 11, and 8 are based on the resistance of current. These problems are to be solved by the values given.
- Question 2 and 3 are based on the electrical power in a circuit. Question 5 is a short answer question, in which you have to write about how voltmeter is connected to the circuit.
- Question 7, 9, 10 and 14 are based on the resistance of the resistors. Here you have to draw the diagram and then solve the question accordingly.
- Question 15, 16 and 18 are scenario-based questions. In which you have to write the solution based on the statement given.
Benefits of NCERT CBSE Class 10 Science Chapter 12
There are many advantages associated with learning and revising from our NCERT Solutions of Class 10 Science Chapter 12-Electricity. Some of them have been listed below.
- Our science experts have provided these solutions in an easily understandable language.
- These solutions are a hundred percent accurate and follow the guidelines provided by CBSE and NCERT.
- Our NCERT Solutions are well-structured and follow a logical flow to facilitate effective learning.
- You can use our smart study techniques to improve your retention rate, learn faster and score more marks in your board exams.
- These solutions will help you in gaining a better understanding of various crucial concepts covered in this chapter with ease.