NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Science Chapter 15 – Our Environment
NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Science Chapter 15-Our Environment have been prepared on the basis of the latest CBSE Class 10 Science Syllabus. They cover all topics from this chapter. This chapter of NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Science teaches you in detail about the meaning of ecosystem, the components of the ecosystem, how the food chains function, what are food webs, and what are the different trophic levels. It also teaches you about bio-degradable and non-biodegradables wastes and their impact on the environment. This chapter also throws light on the causes of ozone layer depletion and air pollution. It also discusses the measures that should be taken to protect our environment.
This chapter comprises 3 question sets in between the chapter that comprises a total of 7 questions. You will also find an exercise at the end of NCERT Class 10 Science Chapter 15 that consists of 7 questions. Our NCERT Questions answer all the questions of the question sets and the exercise in a simple language, accurately and in a step by step manner to help you learn fast and learn better.
Our NCERT Solutions ensure that you have no conceptual doubts and that you become thorough with the chapter. With our solutions at your disposal, you can study from anywhere and anytime at your own and score high marks in your board exams.
CBSE NCERT Class 10 Science Chapter 15: Important Topics
This chapter mainly focuses on the components of our environment, both living things and non-living things. Our NCERT Solutions Class 10 Science Chapter 15-Our Environment covers various topics. Some of them have been discussed below.
- What happens when we add our waste to the environment
This part of the unit explains to you how our ecological balance is disrupted when we add waste to the environment. This section also talks about the two types of wastes, namely biodegradable wastes and non-biodegradable wastes. It tells us that biodegradable wastes are wastes that can be broken down naturally by microbial action and non-bio degradable wastes cannot be naturally broken down by microbial action. It talks about the impact of both the kinds of wastes to the environment around us. This section also explains to you what materials or products come under biodegradable and non-biodegradable.
- Ecosystem – What are its components?
This segment of NCERT Class 10 Science Chapter 15 educates you how the ecosystem is made. It is a mixture of an artificial ecosystem and natural ecosystem. You will also read about the components of an ecosystem, such as biotic components and abiotic components. Biotic factors include producers, consumers and decomposers. Abiotic factors include climatic factors and edaphic factors. Here you will also learn about the functions of an ecosystem.
- Food Chains
This section of Class 10 Science Our Environment, discusses how the food chain functions to balance the complete life process. You shall come to know how one organism feeds on another organism. This segment also teaches you about the various characteristics of the food chain and various trophic levels.
- Food Web
Here you will learn that the food web is a process of the interconnection of food chains of the various trophic levels. This section will also tell you that the food web is never straight. This will increase the stability in the ecosystem.
- How do our activities affect the environment?
This segment of NCERT Solutions for Class 10th Science Chapter 15 – Our Environment, discusses how the activities performed by us are affecting the environment and causing it immense harm. Some such activities have been discussed below.
- Ozone layer depletion
Here, you shall learn how oxygen is broken down into oxygen atoms to form an ozone layer and the reasons for ozone depletion. Ozone protects the earth from ultraviolet rays of the sun which enter directly into the atmosphere. This radiation is very damaging to organisms on earth. Here you will learn the causes of depletion of the ozone layer and steps that must be taken to stop the depletion of the ozone layer.
- Air Pollution
In this section of Class 10 Science Our Environment, you will learn that man-made sources such as power plants, vehicles, houses, industries, and oil refineries and natural resources like volcanic activity, and forest fire introduce organic molecules and pollutants into the atmosphere. These are hazardous substances that are harmful to the earth atmosphere causing air pollution.
NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Science Chapter 15-Our Environment Exercise Questions
NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Science Chapter 15-Our Environment answers all 7 questions from the exercise given at the end of the exercise.
- Question 1, 2 and 3 are multiple-choice questions, in which you have to choose one correct option from the given 4 options.
- Question 4 and question 5 are direct short questions. Both questions deal with the different trophic levels of the food chain.
- Question 6 is about biological magnification. Question 7 and question 8 are about the impact of biodegradable and non-biodegradable waste on the environment. Question 9 is from the ozone layer depletion section.
There are 3 question sets in between the chapters. The components of each have been given below.
- Question Set 1 has 2 questions. Question 1 is a direct short answer question which is based on the food chain and various trophic levels of the food chain. Question 2 is a direct short answer question, in which you have to write about the role of decomposers in the ecosystem.
- Question set 2 has 3 questions. Question 1 and question 2 are based on biodegradable and non-biodegradable substances. Question 3 asks you to explain about the non-biodegradable substances that are affecting the environment.
- Question set 3 contains 2 questions. Question 1 is about the ozone layer and how it is affecting the ecosystem. This is a direct short answer question. Question 2 is a short answer question. It is based on waste disposal, where you have to explain various methods to reduce this.
Benefits of NCERT CBSE Class 10 Science Chapter 15
There are many benefits associated with preparing for your board exams from our NCERT Solutions for Chapter 15-Our Environment. Some of them are as follows.
- Our NCERT Solutions are smart, systematic, comprehensive, easy to understand and precise.
- They ensure that your concepts are clear and you have a strong conceptual foundation.
- They exhaustively cover all concepts of the chapter so that you don’t miss anything.
- They comprise all possible question types that are important from the board exam point of view.
- Our smart study techniques and learning shortcuts will help you grasp even the most difficult concepts quickly and effectively. They will help you score high marks in your board exams.
- Our NCERT Solutions include detailed explanations of all the concepts, along with the illustrative diagrams and relevant examples to facilitate quick and efficient learning and revision.
- Our NCERT Solutions make your learning more interesting, fun, interactive, and highly effective.