NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Science Chapter 16 – Management of Natural Resources
NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Science Chapter 16-Sustainable Management of Natural Resources drafted by our subject matter experts cover all concepts of the chapter. They provide step by solutions to all the exercise questions. They are to the point and a hundred percent accurate. The important concepts covered in this chapter of NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Science are Introduction to the sustainable management of natural resources, the concept of reducing reuse and recycling, why we need to manage our resources, forests and wildlife. It also throws light on the coal and petroleum, judicious use of fossil fuels, water for all, dams, water harvesting, groundwater, and other water conservation-related concepts.
These solutions are drafted as per the latest NCERT and CBSE guidelines. They help you in building a strong conceptual knowledge base and perform well in your Class 10 Science board exam. This chapter consists of 3 In-text question sets and one exercise. The exercise at the end of the chapter contains 16 questions. These questions are covered from every part of the chapter.
Our NCERT CBSE Class 10 Science Chapter 16 solutions have been designed and developed to make learning more fun, fast and effective process. Our solutions let you learn from anywhere anytime. They ensure that you have zero conceptual doubts and 100 per cent conceptual clarity. With our handy NCERT Solutions, learning and revising before board exams has become a very time saving and effortless process.
CBSE NCERT Class 10 Science Chapter 16
NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Science Chapter 16 covers all topics from this chapter. This chapter mainly focuses on natural resources and how they are obtained from the earth and their environment. It also emphasizes various ways of sustainable management of the natural resources. Some of the important topics covered in this chapter are as follows.
This section introduces you to the idea of natural resources and sustainable management of natural resources. This unit introduces you to the pollution in Ganga. Here, you will come to know about the 1985 Ganga action plan (GAP). This section expands about how Ganga river is getting polluted with sewage dump from more than 100 cities from various states. It also teaches about the toxicity of water caused by dumping excreta, chemicals from the industries and untreated sewage.
- Reduce, Recycle and Reuse
This segment of CBSE NCERT Class 10 Science Chapter 16 educates you about the 3R’s which can be used to save our environment. They are as follows.
- Reduce: You have to reduce usage and wasteful habits. Such as reducing wastage of food, prudent usage of water, and reducing the use of electricity.
- Reuse: The materials which can be reused again must be reused instead of being thrown away or discarded, such as reusing plastic bottles and plastic utensils.
- Recycle: Here, you will read about the materials which can be recycled and used again. Such as paper, glass and metals.
- Why do we need to manage our resources?
This part of NCERT Class 10 Science Chapter 16 – Sustainable Management of Natural Resources, discusses the increase in demand for natural resources and how we must manage natural resources. This section tells us that due to a massive increase in population, our lifestyle is rapidly changing because of which a lot of natural resource depletion is taking place. This has been explained with relevant examples.
- Forests and WildLife
Here, Class 10 Science sustainable management of Natural Resources discusses forests that are biodiversity hotspots. You shall also read about the plants and wildlife in all natural habitats and their importance. You will also learn why our ecosystem is getting damaged because of the loss of biodiversity. It tells you why it is necessary to preserve forest and wildlife for a healthy future.
Some other topics covered in this chapter include Stakeholders of forest, Monoculture, Industrialists’ mentality and influence, People intervention in forests, Damage to forests and wildlife, Sustainable development and Chipko movement.
- Water for All
In NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Science Chapter 16-Sustainable Management of Natural Resources, you shall learn why water is essential for all forms of life on earth. It also teaches you about the various irrigation methods, rains, existing irrigation practices, the involvement of local people, dams, water harvesting and groundwater.
The later part of NCERT Class 10 Science Chapter 16 discusses coal and petroleum, groundwater, water harvesting and why should fossil fuels be used judiciously.
NCERT CBSE Class 10 Science Chapter Questions
This chapter consists of 3 In-text question sets. Below is a brief overview of the same.
- In-text question set 1 consists of 4 questions, in which question 1 is based on environmental friendly changes, and it is a direct short question. Question 2, 3 and 4 are also direct questions. Questions 2 and 3 ask you to cite the advantages of exploiting resources with short term aims, advantages of using a long-term perspective in managing our resources. Question 4 deals with equitable distribution of resources.
- In-text question set 2 consists of 2 questions, in which question 1 is based on conserving wildlife and forests. Question 2 is based on the approaches towards the conservation of forests.
- In-text question set 3 consists of 3 questions, in which question 1 is based on traditional methods of water harvesting in various regions. Question 2 and question 3 are based on the sources of water in different regions.
Our NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Science Chapter 16-Sustainable Management of Natural Resources answer in details all 7 questions of the exercise given at the end of the chapter. An overview of the exercise has been given below.
- Question 1 and question 2 asks you about the changes that can be made around you to become environment friendly. Question 3 is a direct short answer question, in which you will have to describe the management of forest and wildlife.
- Question 4 is a direct short answer question, in which you have to write about the individual contribution, which makes a difference to the forests and wildlife, water resources and coal and petroleum.
- Question 5, 6 and 7 are related to the conservation of natural resources.
Benefits of NCERT CBSE Class 10 Science Chapter 16
You can benefit from our intelligent NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Science Chapter 16-Sustainable Management of Natural Resources in more ways than one. Some of the associated benefits are as follows.
- The solutions are framed in an easy and simple language which makes your learning easier, fun and interactive and fast.
- They are perfect handouts for effective learning and revision.
- They have been drafted by our expert Science teachers in a systematic manner on the basis of the latest CBSE Class 10 Science Syllabus.
- All the solutions provided by us are exhaustive yet crisp and precise.
- They have been devised to clear all your doubts instantly and help you develop a solid conceptual base to facilitate effective learning in higher classes.