NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Science Chapter 7 – Control and Coordination
NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Science Chapter 7 – Control & Coordination covers important topics that will assist you in learning the chapter thoroughly. It throws light upon various important concepts such as movement in organisms, introduction to control and coordination, neuron, central nervous system, somatic nervous system, autonomic nervous system, and peripheral nervous system. NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Science Chapter 7 also covers reflex action and reflex arc, the endocrine system, and plant hormones and movement. It also explicitly talks about parts of the body that help in the coordination process like the brain, spinal cord, forebrain, midbrain, hindbrain, and medulla oblongata. It also talks about glands like the thyroid gland, adrenal gland, and many other glands that help in the control and coordination of the body.
There are four sets of questions that cover all the portions of this chapter. They include a total of 26 questions. They comprise various question types such as short answer types, long answer types, descriptive questions, differential questions, and MCQs. Our NCERT Solutions for CBSE NCERT Class 10 Science Chapter 7 answer all questions in details and in a step by step manner to help you learn even the most complex topics from the chapter easily.
Our NCERT Solutions for Chapter 7- Control & Coordination help you in revising all the concepts quickly during your board exams. They are written in a simple language and in a crisp and concise way to facilitate fast and effective learning. Our learning shortcuts are just what you need to ace your board exams.
CBSE NCERT Class 10 Science Chapter 7
NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Science Chapter 7 – Control & Coordination describes the importance of the nervous system. Many topics and subtopics have been explained with detailed diagrams to help you learn effectively. Below mentioned are the topics and subtopics covered in this chapter.
- Movement in organisms
In this part of the chapter, you will learn what the meaning and definition of the terms movement and locomotion in a body are.
- Introduction to control & coordination
In this topic of NCERT Class 10 Science Chapter 7, you will learn how organisms, whether it is small or big, move from one place to another in response to stimuli like light, water, food, or mate.
In this section, you will learn how movements in organisms are controlled by the endocrine system and the nervous system. It speaks about various stimuli coming from the nervous system, and hormones excrete from endocrine glands.
This section of Class 10 Science Control and Coordination teaches the structure of neurons and functions of neurons in the nervous system. It explains through a diagram of the neuron its different parts very clearly.
- Central nervous system
This topic of NCERT CBSE Class 10 Science Chapter 7 elaborates mainly on the central nervous system(CNS). Here you will learn that CNS consists of the brain and spinal cord. It tells you that different parts of the brain control different functions like body movement, memory, speech, and logic. It controls involuntary movements like sneezing, vomiting, heartbeat, yawning, breathing, and blood pressure.
- Reflex action & Reflex arc
This section of NCERT Solutions for Chapter 7 – Control & Coordination, describes the reflex action. It tells you that a sudden and involuntary reaction of the body in response to stimuli is a reflex action. It also teaches about the path through which this reaction happens, i.e., reflex arc.
- Plant Hormones and Movements
This part of NCERT CBSE Class 10 Science Chapter 7 tells you that some plant hormones control the movement of the plant body such as Auxin, Cytokinin, Abscisic Acid, Gibberellins, and Ethylene. These plant hormones control different functions of the plant body. You will learn here about tropic and nastic movement in the plant.
CBSE NCERT Class 10 Science Chapter 7 also covers Geotropism, Phototropism, Hydrotropism, Chemotropism And Thigmotropism in detail.
- The Endocrine System
This topic of Class 10 Science Control and Coordination explains two types of glands exocrine glands and endocrine glands. Endocrine glands are the pituitary gland, thyroid gland, pancreas, adrenal gland, gonads, or sex glands. You will learn about each gland and secretion of hormones in detail here.
This chapter also elaborates about the Peripheral nervous system, Somatic nervous system and the Autonomic nervous system. It also explains in detail about CNS protection. It tells you about the three layers of the brain namely the bony skull called cranium, the cerebrospinal fluid, and the meninges (Dura mater, Arachnoid, Pia Mater)
NCERT CBSE Solutions for Class 10 Science Chapter 7 – Control & Coordination Exercises
CBSE NCERT Class 10 Science Chapter 7 – Control & Coordination, covers the 26 answers of numerous types of answers of 4 sets of questions stated below.
- Set 1 has 5 questions. They are all short answer questions. It covers the topics brain, reflex action, neuron.
- Set 2 also has 5 questions, and they are all descriptive types. They cover the topics of plant hormones and their functions.
- Set 3 contains 4 questions. They cover animal or human hormones and their role in the control and coordination of different functions.
- Set 4 comprises a total of 12 questions. Question 1, 2, and 3 are multiple-choice questions. Questions 10, 11 and 12 are differential questions that cover the topics reflex actions, involuntary actions, nervous control, hormonal control, movement in sensitive plants and movement in our legs. Question 5 is a diagrammatic question. Questions 6, 7, 8 and 9 are direct questions. This exercise covers questions from all crucial concepts covered in NCERT Class 10 Science Chapter 7.
Benefits of NCERT CBSE Class 10 Science Chapter 7
There are various benefits associated with learning from our smart, and comprehensive NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Science Chapter 7-Control and coordination. Some of them have been mentioned below.
- NCERT Solutions help you develop a strong conceptual foundation. These are well-designed and systematic and follow a logical flow.
- NCERT Class 10 Science Chapter 7 solutions assist you in studying the complete chapter meticulously and thoroughly.
- Our subject matter experts have drafted the NCERT Solutions in an easy to understand manner.
- Our NCERT Solutions include detailed explanations, relevant examples, and illustrative diagrams to facilitate effective learning.
- Our effective learning shortcuts assist you in learning fast and in scoring high marks in your board exams.
- They are a hundred per cent accurate and the best study material for learning and revising efficiently during your board exams.
- They have been crafted in a manner to make learning fun, interesting, engaging, fast and effective.
- You can learn from our NCERT Solutions from anywhere and anytime at your own convenience.