NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Science Chapter 8 – How do Organisms Reproduce?
In our NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Science Chapter 8-How do Organisms Reproduce our subject experts have covered each and every part of the chapter and answered all exercise questions accurately? The important topics covered in CBSE Class 10 Science Syllabus are regeneration, fragmentation budding, sexual reproduction, vegetative propagation, sexual reproduction in flowering plants and reproduction in human beings.
Our NCERT Solutions of Class 10 Science How do Organisms Reproduce explain to you all the key concepts important for your board exam. This will ultimately help you in building up a strong conceptual knowledge of the subject. We made sure the guidelines provided by CBSE and NCERT are strictly followed.
How do Organisms Reproduce Consists of 3 question sets and 1 exercise, which has 11 questions? These questions cover all the sections of the chapter. Our solutions are drafted in a step by step way to make learning more simple and easy for you. These comprehensive CBSE NCERT Class 10 Science Chapter 8 solutions are precise, which will make you thorough with the chapter, and certainly help you excel in your board exams.
CBSE NCERT Class 10 Science Chapter 8 How do Organisms Reproduce
In this segment of NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Science Chapter 8, How do Organisms Reproduce? You will be learning how reproduction happens in various organisms. Some important topics covered in this chapter have been listed below.
- Do organisms reproduce exact copies of themselves
In this part of the chapter, you will learn about various organisms which produce the exact copies of them as offspring. You will also learn about both asexual reproduction and sexual reproduction.
- Asexual reproduction
Here you will come to know that asexual reproduction is done by fission, budding, regeneration and fragmentation, spore formation, and vegetative propagation.
- Sexual reproduction
This section of the chapter will teach you how to reproduce sexually. It tells you about various types of cell division seen in eukaryotic organisms, namely, mitosis and meiosis. This happens majorly in humans, animals and the majority of plants. It tells you how sexual reproduction involves two individuals, a female and a male. Each of them produces gametes or sex cells that fuse to form a new organism.
- Reproductive System
In this part of NCERT CBSE Class 10 Science Chapter 8, you will be learning about the male reproductive system and the female reproductive system. The main focus will be on male accessory reproductive organs, male ducts, female main reproductive organs and female accessory reproductive organs.
- Menstrual Cycle
This segment of How do Organisms Reproduce will teach you about the menstrual cycle which happens in females. You will learn how fertilization is related to the menstrual cycle in women.
- Contraceptive Methods
This part of the chapter will teach you about the health awareness that all humans need to know. You will also be learning about coitus method, rhythm method, condoms, diaphragms, contraceptive pills, emergency pill, IUD and sterilization.
- Reproduction in Plants
Here, you will be learning about various parts of plants and also how reproduction happens in plants. Some important things about reproduction in plants that you will learn have been given below.
- Sexual reproduction in flowering plants
Here you will be taught that flowers are where the sexual reproduction in plants takes place. You will learn details about whorls, androecium, and gynoecium.
- Non-essential parts of flowers
You shall learn about the importance of whorls and non-essential whorls, sepals and petals in the process of reproduction in plants.
In the later part of NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Science Chapter 8-How do Organisms Reproduce you will also learn about essential whorls of flowers, pollination and fertilization?
NCERT CBSE Class 10 Science Chapter 8 Exercise
How do Organisms Reproduce, there are 3 question sets and 1 exercise at the end of the chapter. The components of each have been given below.
- In the first question set, you have 2 questions which are asked from the concept of DNA copying in reproduction and benefits of variation to species. They are both direct questions.
- In the second question set, you have 5 questions which cover binary fission, spores, regeneration, vegetative propagative and DNA copying in reproduction.
- In the third question set, you have 5 questions which cover pollination, seminal vesicles and prostate gland, puberty and sexually transmitted diseases.
Our NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Science Chapter 8-How do Organisms Reproduce answer all 11 questions of the exercise given at the end of the chapter. They have been discussed below.
- Question 1, 2 and 3 from the exercise are multiple-choice questions in which you have to choose 1 correct option from the given 4 options.
- Question 4, 5 and 6 are direct short answer questions which cover sexual reproduction, asexual reproduction, menstruation and functionalities of the testis.
- Question 7 is a direct diagrammatic question, in which you have to draw the longitudinal section of a flower with completely labelled parts.
- Question 8 and 11 are direct questions which cover methods of contraception and adopting contraceptive.
- Question 9 is a differential question where you have to write about unicellular and multicellular organisms.
- Question 10 is a direct question on how reproduction helps in the population of species.
Benefits of NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Science Chapter 8
There are a plethora of benefits of learning and revising from our all-inclusive NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Chapter 8 How Do Organisms Reproduce. Some of them are as follows.
- Our expert science teachers have drafted these solutions in a simple and understandable language.
- The solutions provided well-structured, contain all detailed explanations with relevant examples.
- Our NCERT Solutions make learning more fun, interactive and efficient.
- You can learn and revise from our NCERT Solutions at any time and anywhere to improve your score in the examination.
- They cover all topics and subtopics from the chapter.
- They have been carefully drafted on the basis of the latest Class 10 Science syllabus.