NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Science Chapter 9 – Heredity and Evolution
Our NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Science Chapter 9 – Heredity and Evolution is one of the preferable study materials for learning effectively for CBSE board exams. They have been meticulously drafted on the basis of the latest and updated CBSE Class 10 Science Syllabus. This chapter NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Science discusses various significant chapters. Here, you will learn various interesting topics such as heredity, genes, inheritance and traits in a step by step way. Here you will also be introduced to Mendel’s work, dominant traits, recessive traits and also sex determination. These are very easy and fascinating topics that have been explained in our comprehensive NCERT Solutions in detail.
This chapter comprises 6 all-inclusive exercises that consist of more than 30 questions and one question set with 12 questions. Our NCERT Solutions for Chapter 9 – Heredity and Evolution answer all questions of all exercises in an easy to understand and step by step manner to induce effective learning. They cover all topics and subtopics covered in the chapter. They help you become thorough with the chapter and excel in your board exams. Our NCERT CBSE Class 10 Science Chapter 9 solutions help you keep your concepts clear and ensure that you have a sound conceptual foundation.
Our expert Science teachers draft effective, efficient and smart NCERT Solutions for Chapter 9 – Heredity and Evolution. Furthermore, our NCERT Solutions are regularly updated as and when changes are made by the CBSE Board. We deliver answers that are relevant and useful, highly informative and high quality.
CBSE NCERT Class 10 Science Chapter 9
In this section of NCERT Solutions for Class 10th Science Chapter 9 – Heredity and Evolution, you will learn why variation and heredity are called genetics. Some of the crucial concepts covered in this chapter have been given below.
- Accumulation of Variation During Reproduction
Here, you will understand what somatic variation and genetic variation is and how they occur in somatic cells and germ cells of the body. You will also read about the importance of variations and what are the causes of variations.
In this section of the chapter, you will learn how the features of an organism are transferred from one generation to the other generation. This is explained to you with Mendel’s work, dominant traits and recessive traits.
- Monohybrid cross
In this part of Class 10 Science Heredity and Evolution, you learn about monohybrid cross. A cross where a single character is considered when crossing the two organisms is termed as a monohybrid cross. Ratios of monohybrid will also be explained here.
- Dihybrid cross
In this segment of NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Science Chapter 9-Heredity and Evolution, you shall read how two characters are considered for crossing two organisms. Dihybrid cross is taught to you through relevant examples of plants.
- Sex determination
This part teaches you about the determination of the sex of the offspring based on the arrangement of genetic material. You shall see the types of sex determinations. For humans it is XX-XY type, for insects, it is XX-XO type, for a chicken, it is ZW-ZZ type, and for butterflies, it is ZO-ZZ type.
In this section of NCERT CBSE Class 10 Science Chapter 9, you will not only learn about the Evolution of humans but also the Evolution of animals and birds. Some of the important subtopics covered in this section include the origin of species, the origin of life-Haldane’s theory, fossils as evolutionary evidence, and the formation of fossils.
Here you will also learn about evolutionary relationships, homologous organs, analogous organs, Evolution by stage, artificial selection, and molecular phylogeny. This chapter also elaborates explicitly about Human Evolution.
NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Science Chapter 9-Heredity and Evolution Exercise Questions
NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Science Chapter 9-Heredity and Evolution contains detailed precise and simplified explanations of all questions of all exercises. There are a total of 6 exercises within the chapter and 1 exercise at the end of the chapter. The exercises have been discussed below.
- Exercise 9.1 has 2 questions. Question 1 is based on asexual reproducing species, and question 2 is based on variations of species. They are both short answer questions.
- Exercise 9.2 has 4 questions. Question 1 and question 2 are based on Mendel’s experiments. Question 3 is a scenario-based question, in which you have to explain the blood groups. Question 4 is a direct question, which is based on sex determination in human beings.
- Exercise 9.3 has 3 questions. Question 1 and question 2 are based on traits which are responsible for an increase in a population and also traits which are acquired during the individual life-time. Question 3 is a scenario-based question, in which you will have to explain about the genetics.
- Exercise 9.4 has 3 questions. Question 1 is based on factors which are leading to the rise of a new species. Question 2 is based on the self-pollination plant species. Question 3 is based on the speciation of an organism that reproduces asexually. Question 2 and question 3 are based on the geographical isolation factor.
- Exercise 9.5 has 3 questions. In question 1 you will have to write the examples of characteristics which are used in determining two species in evolutionary terms. Question 2 is based on the concept of homologous organs. Question 3 is about the fossils and the process of Evolution.
- Exercise 9.6 has 2 questions. Question 1 is a short answer question, in which you have to explain about the species and why human beings have different characteristics. Question 2 is based on the evolutionary terms of various animals.
In NCERT Class 10 Science Chapter 9 – Heredity and Evolution, there is 1 exercise at the end of the chapter, which consists of 12 questions.
- Question 1, 2 and 3 are multiple-choice questions. They cover topics like mendelian experiment, homologous organs and Evolution of humans.
- Question 4 and 7 are based on the topics of dominant and recessive traits. Question 5 and 8 are based on evolutionary relationships. Question 6 is based on analogous and homologous organs.
- Question 9, 10, 11 and 12 are based on sexual reproduction concepts.
Benefits of NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Science Chapter 9-Heredity and Evolution
There are many advantages of studying our NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Science Chapter 9-Heredity and Evolution. Some of them are as follows.
- They have been prepared in a simple language. Hence they are easy to comprehend.
- They have been formulated by our expert Science teachers on the basis of the latest CBSE Syllabus.
- Our NCERT Solutions have been designed to make learning, interactive, interesting, stimulating, and an effective process.
- These solutions help you learn and revise quickly during your board exams.
- Our NCERT Solutions follow a logical flow which improves retention rate and facilitates full conceptual clarity.
- They are well-organised and fully accurate.
- They let you learn anytime and anywhere.