NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Biology Chapter 10 – Cell Cycle and Cell Division
NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Biology Chapter 10 deals with a very essential topic of biology called ‘Cell Cycle and Cell division’. This particular chapter of NCERT Biology Textbook talks about important concepts like Mitosis and Meiosis. To make your fundamentals in Biology stronger, you can refer to the NCERT Solutions as and when required.
To give you the ultimate opportunity to learn the varied and difficult concepts associated with the “Cell cycle and Cell division” in an elaborate and easy-to-understand manner, the NCERT Solutions for Chapter 10 have been prepared by Instasolv. This chapter has 16 questions that you need to solve in order to understand the important topics of the chapter.
Biology, no doubt, can become a difficult subject to tackle in Class 11 if you are not sure about your basic concepts of Cell Cycle and Cell Division. Keeping this in mind, the subject matter experts at Instasolv have drafted these NCERT solutions in the simplest yet comprehensive manner. It is highly advised that you add these solutions to your study routine for the preparation of this chapter for CBSE exams.
Important Topics of NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Biology Chapter 10- Cell Cycle and Cell Division
The concepts in this chapter are very vast and require a lot of attention. There are a plethora of complex concepts that test your analyzing skills. Moreover, you need to be precise in learning and be able to distinguish between similar-looking concepts. The diagrams in Biology are a crucial part and hence need to be memorized. The important topics in this chapter are:
- Cell Cycle: Here you learn about the sequence of stages that a cell passes through between one cell division and the next.
- Phases of Cell Cycle: This section deals with the various phases of the cell cycle. The phases that you’ll learn in this chapter are
- Interphase: This section teaches you about the first phase of the cell cycle which is a period following the completion of cell division when the nucleus is not dividing. Changes in both the nucleus and the cytoplasm can be seen. This phase can be further divided into three phases.
- G1 Phase (Gap 1)
- S Phase (Synthesis Phase)
- G2 Phase (Gap 2
- M Phase (Mitotic Phase): Here you learn about the second phase of the cell cycle. The M phase or the Mitosis Phase is the deemed most dramatic period of the Cell Cycle, involving major recognition of all the cell components. It is known as the equational division because the number of chromosomes in the parent and the progeny cells is the same. Mitosis is divided into the following stages:
- Cytokinesis: Here you learn about the division of cytoplasm. The nucleus divides first (karyokinesis) after the M Phase, which is followed by the division of cytoplasm. It leads to the formation of a plasma membrane between the daughter nuclei thereby finishing the mitosis process.
- Significance of Mitosis: This section teaches you about the significance of the Mitosis process. It results in the production of diploid daughter cells with identical genetic complement usually. The most significant contribution of mitosis is cell regeneration.
- Meiosis: Here you learn about the Nuclear division that produces 4 haploid daughter cells with half the number of chromosomes. It involves 2 sequential cycles of nuclear and cell division: Meiosis I and Meiosis II.
- Interkinesis: You learn about the short-lived stage between the 2 meiotic divisions.
- SIGNIFICANCE OF MEIOSIS: Following the process, here you are taught about the importance of Meiosis in the cell cycle. The main content of this section reveals that:
- Meiosis conserves the specific chromosome number of each species across generations in sexually reproducing organisms.
- It increases the genetic variability from one generation to the next.
Exercise Discussion for NCERT Solutions of Class 11 Biology Chapter 10- Cell Cycle and Cell Division
- Chapter 10 is an important part of Class 11 Biology. This chapter has 16 exercise questions. NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Biology Chapter 10- Cell Cycle and Cell Division by Instasolv provides detailed and accurate guides to help you boost your knowledge.
- The questions in this chapter are very simple and are basically a recall of every concept you learn in this chapter.
- The questions seek definitions, direct answers, and explanations for the first few questions.
- Some of the questions asked to differentiate between two terms.
- Finally, there are some long type questions that seek diagrams along with the explanations.
Benefits of NCERT Solutions of Class 11 Biology Chapter 10- Cell Cycle and Cell Division By Instasolv
NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Biology Chapter 10- Cell Cycle and Cell Division by Instasolv is designed to help you attain knowledge and clear your concepts. The solutions are accurate and supported by explanations that help you understand the topics every time you solve a question. Practice papers and revision notes by Instsolv are additional support for you to test your memory and consolidate it.