NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Biology Chapter 13 – Photosynthesis in Higher Plants
NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Biology Chapter 13 ’Photosynthesis in Higher Plants’ are solved by the expert teachers at Instasolv as per the NCERT and CBSE guidelines. These NCERT solutions cover all topics of the chapter to explain Photosynthesis in higher plants. It will help you to revise the complete syllabus and thus score good marks in your exams.
NCERT Class 11 Biology Chapter 13 Photosynthesis in Higher Plants is part of Unit 4, Plant Physiology. You are already aware of the general process of photosynthesis. This chapter emphasizes the structure of the photosynthetic machinery and the different reactions that convert light energy into chemical energy.
There are a total of 9 exercise questions with each having few sub-questions within. NCERT Solutions for Chapter 13 ’Photosynthesis in Higher Plants’ by Instasolv provides you with detailed solutions of every textbook with explanations to enhance your learning.
Important Topics for NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Biology Chapter 13 Photosynthesis
Chapter 13 of NCERT Class 11 Biology explains about the different processes of Photosynthesis. Some of those topics include the early experiments that were made on Photosynthesis, where does photosynthesis take place, how many pigments are included in Photosynthesis, what is a light reaction, the electron transport, where are the ATP and NADPH used in our day-to-day life, the C4 pathway, photorespiration and factors moving Photosynthesis.
Study on photosynthesis from the past to the developments in the research that considered the biochemical phenomena has been confirmed in brief with the help of diagrams and activities in this chapter of NCERT Class 11 Biology Chapter 13. Chlorophyll a, Chlorophyll b, Xanthophyll, Light-Harvesting Complexes, Photochemical Phase and Biosynthetic Phase are some of the terms that you will study in this chapter and are very important from CBSE exams perspective.
In this chapter, you will also learn about cyclic photophosphorylation and non-cyclic photophosphorylation. The three stages of the Calvin cycle are also very important from the exam’s perspective. These stages are carboxylation, reduction and regeneration. You must also have knowledge about the leaf cells that are, mesophyll cell and bundle sheath cells and how they help in exchange of gases. Lastly, the law of limiting factors is also included in the chapter.
Exercise NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Biology Chapter 13 – Photosynthesis
- The exercises of chapter 13 of NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Biology consists of 9 questions in total. This chapter has a total weightage of 6% in the exams and therefore 18 marks in the final exams.
- The first two questions of the exercise are based in plant structure so must understand that thoroughly.
- The next two questions are about Calvin Cycle. The sixth question is about chlorophyll and its function.
- The last two questions are long-answer questions where you need conceptual information regarding the chapter. The last question is about the differentiation between cyclic and non-cyclic photophosphorylation, C3 and C4 pathways, and anatomy of leaves in C3 and C4 plants.
- Other than the provided exercises, you should also practise all the solved examples available in the book to clear your concepts on Photosynthesis in Higher Plants.
Benefits of NCERT Class 11 Biology Chapter 13 Photosynthesis by Instasolv
- Our team of experienced subject matter experts has left no stone unturned to simplify and enhance your learning experience while engaging you with the chapter and the solutions for its problems.
- At instasolv, we make sure that you can understand the core idea of the theories and get ready to perform well in your practice as well as academic stages.
- We ensure that you get all your doubts cleared and prepare well with the help of our solutions
- We deliver the best aid for you to study and provide a smart study platform for you.
NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Biology Chapter 13 Photosynthesis by Instasolv provide you with all answers to the CBSE syllabus that has been covered in the Class 11 NCERT Biology Textbook.