NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Biology Chapter 14 – Respiration in Plants
NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Biology Chapter 14 – Respiration in Plants are important for all of you who are studying in Class 11 and are going to appear in the final examinations. The questions related to the chapter of NCERT Solutions for Class 11 are extensive and also require a lot of understanding and knowledge of the basics. The main topics of the chapter include Glycolysis, Fermentation, Aerobic Respiration, Tricarboxylic Acid Cycle, Electron Transport System (ETS) and Oxidative Phosphorylation, The Respiratory Balance Sheet, Amphibolic Pathway and Respiratory Quotient.
NCERT Solutions for Chapter 14 – Respiration in Plants have been solved by the experts at Instasolv as per the latest NCERT guidelines. There are 12 questions in this chapter. This chapter has knowledge-based, application-based, higher-order thinking and memory-based questions for your practice. All exercise solutions of this chapter will help you to revise the complete syllabus to score good marks in CBSE.
Important Topics for NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Biology Chapter 14 – Respiration in Plants
NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Biology Chapter 14– Respiration in Plants deals with the cellular respiration or the mechanisms of breaking of food materials into smaller pieces within the plant cell to discharge energy and to trap energy for the fusion of ATP.
This chapter deals with the topics related to the breathing of plants, aerobic respiration, glycolysis, respiratory balance sheet, fermentation and respiratory quotient in plants. Oxidative phosphorylation, the tricarboxylic acid cycle and electron transport system (ETS) are the concepts that will be introduced to you for your better understanding.
In this chapter, you can learn about several biochemical processes and reactions that will be described in a very simple manner for your better understanding. Simple language and descriptions of processes make this chapter exciting and fun to learn through Instasolv. Here are some important points related to the chapter:
- When glucose is oxidised at a partial level it is called glycolysis. The whole process of glycolysis is very important from exam perspective. So, you must know terms like nzyme hexokinase, glucose-6-phosphate, enzyme invertase and fructose-6-phosphate.
- Tricarboxylic Acid Cycle/Krebs Cycle is the final process of breaking down of glucose.
- Electron transport chain is the pathway through which electrons are transferred through the internal membrane and hence energy is produced.
- Fermentation and aerobic respiration are two different processes that account for the incomplete and complete oxidation of glucose respectively.
Exercise Discussion for NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Biology Chapter 14 – Respiration in Plants
- The first question of the exercise of chapter 14 is differentiation based question where you need to state differences between respiration and combustion, glycolysis and kerb’s cycle and fermentation and aerobic respiration respectively.
- The next question is about respiratory substrate followed by a question on the diagrammatic representation of glycolysis.
- The fourth question is about aerobic respiration cycle and the fifth question is about kerb’s cycle. Both are descriptive questions.
- Then, you are asked about ETS, ATP, RQ and phosphorylation. There is another differentiation between question aerobic and anaerobic respiration, glycolysis and fermentation and glycolysis cycle and citric acid cycle respectively.
Benefits of NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Biology Chapter 14 – Respiration in Plants
- At Instasolv, our vision is to help you prepare well and excel in your CBSE as well as entrance exams like NEET.
- NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Biology Chapter 14 provided by Instasolv enable you to recognize all the basics and high-level theories for solving all the questions.
- Our biology teachers particularly give attention to clearing your doubts and also provide you with a detailed understanding of the topics.
All solutions based on the topics of Chapter 14 have been prepared with extreme care for your better understanding.