NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Biology Chapter 16 – Digestion and Absorption
NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Biology Chapter 16 Digestion and Absorption can be of great help to you if you are keen to attain success in your examination. This chapter of NCERT Solutions deals with the process of digestion, various steps, enzymes, organs, and microprocessors included in it. This chapter also consists of the importance of various food components in our daily diets; their deficiency and additional disorders. Disorders of the digestive system are enlightened in a very broad manner towards the end of the chapter.
Human Physiology is a very exciting unit as it will offer you insight within your own body. The theories related to digestion and absorption have been defined intensely and evidently in the chapter for your better and in-depth understanding. There are 15 questions in this chapter on various reactions and enzymes that aid ingestion, digestion, assimilation, and absorption.
Refer to our NCERT Class 11 Biology Solutions for your better understanding of the typical concepts of the chapter and solve all your doubts instantly. Our solutions are so precise and convenient that you will be able to memorise the concepts much easier. We have adhered to CBSE guidelines for creating these solutions.
Important Topics for NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Biology Chapter 16 – Digestion and Absorption
This chapter is important from the examination point of view whether it be CBSE or NEET. A lot of questions are asked in the exam from this chapter. There are a few very important concepts and diagrams that you will learn here. The exercise questions test your memory about the concepts as well. You can also get 100 percent accurate NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Biology Chapter 16 Digestion and Absorption solved by the expert biology teachers at Instasolv.
The topics and sub-topics in Chapter 16 Digestion and Absorption are provided below.
- Digestive System – The chapter begins with a thorough introduction of the human digestive system. You will understand the functions of the small intestine, large intestine, pancreas, stomach and other organs involved in digestion.
- Alimentary Canal – Then the chapter discusses the histology of the alimentary canal where you will learn about the four layers of the alimentary canal: Serosa, Muscularis, Submucosa and Mucosa.
- Digestive Glands – In the next topic of the chapter you will learn the importance of liver, pancreas and salivary glands.
- Digestion of Food – The next topic of the chapter gives a detail description of the steps involved in digestion. CBSE asks this question many times in the exam hence you must be thorough with every step.
- Absorption of Digested Products – Then, you will learn where our food gets absorbed at different places in the digestive system. This includes the mouth, stomach, short intestine and large intestine.
- Disorders of the Digestive System – Lastly, the chapter will make you aware of the disorders of the digestive system such as diarrhoea, constipation, jaundice, vomiting, and ingestion.
Exercise Discussion for NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Biology Chapter 16 – Digestion and Absorption
- The exercises of Chapter 16 of NCERT Class 11 Biology consist of a total of 15 questions. These questions are divided in short type and long type questions.
- The short type questions are simple and can be answered by memory. The long type questions seek explanations and diagrams with proper explanations.
- The diagrams are very important to learn in this chapter. Sometimes in exams, you might be asked to draw the diagrams along with the answers.
- There are questions where you need to provide the importance of pancreatic juice in digestion and bile juice.
- You are also required to explain the digestion process briefly. You need to explain how butter and other related substances get digested by the body.
Why NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Biology Chapter 16 with Instasolv?
- NCERT Class 11 Biology Solutions help you gain clarity between the relevant and irrelevant topics of chapter 16 ‘Digestion and Absorption’.
- You can easily download the Biology NCERT Class 11 Solutions of your choice from the links available on our webpage and thus give your preparation a perfect result with an expert’s guidance.
- At Instasolv, the biology teachers are highly qualified and they come from reputed institutes with eminent experience in preparing class 11 CBSE students.
- If you are facing any trouble in understanding Biology solutions, we would be more than happy to help you further.
Once you get fair consideration of how to solve NCERT solutions, you can easily challenge the exemplar books, online mock tests previous year question paper, CBSE sample paper, and of course, the most important, your final examinations. You need to keep performing and revising your performance every day to excel in your exams.