NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Biology Chapter 17 – Breathing and Exchange of Gases
NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Biology Chapter 17- Breathing and Exchange of Gases will guide you when any doubt or question surfaces during studying the chapter. In this chapter of NCERT Solutions, you will be learning many concepts such as respiratory organs, human respiratory system, mechanism of breathing, respiratory volumes and capacities, exchange and transport of gases, transport of oxygen and carbon dioxide, regulation of respiration and disorders of the respiratory system. This chapter will cover all the relevant topics related to the breathing and exchange of gases.
NCERT Biology Class 11 Solutions for Chapter 17- Breathing and Exchange of Gases have one exercise that consists of 14 questions. All the questions are designed in order to cover the major topics of the chapter. All the solutions to the CBSE Textbook questions of the chapter will be provided in order to ensure that all the aspects of breathing and exchange of gases are covered. The solutions provided follow the Class 11 CBSE exam pattern.
Our NCERT Solutions are comprehensive and well-structured. Our subject matter experts, who are experienced professionals, ensure that every solution has a methodical approach behind it. All the solutions are in-depth in order to ensure that you understand the crux of the concepts. Learning and revisions are easier with the help of these NCERT Solutions.
Important Topics for NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Biology Chapter 17- Breathing and Exchange of Gases
Chapter 17 of NCERT Class 11 Biology Breathing and Exchange of Gases, is an important one from the exam’s perspective. Make sure that you revise all the topics and sub-topics in-depth while preparing for your examinations. Here are some important topics that you will come across while preparing for your exams:
Oxidation and Respiration
For the functioning of all biological activities, it is important that there is a breakdown of food. Oxygen helps in the breakdown of food through oxidation. The process by which oxidation occurs in the living cells of organisms is known as respiration. Respiration is the first step of breathing. Respiratory organs include- skin in earthworms, gills in fish, lungs in mammals, lungs and moist skin in amphibians, etc.
Human Respiratory System
The human respiratory system begins from our nose, which consists of a pair of nostrils. These nostrils lead to nasal cavities, pharynx larynx, tranches, bronchi and bronchioles which leads to the alveoli. The human respiratory system consists of conducting parts and exchange parts. The conducting parts consist of the nostril, pharynx, trachea, etc. The exchange parts include the alveoli.
Mechanism of Breathing
The mechanism of breathing involves inspiration and expiration. Inspiration refers to drawing in atmospheric air whereas expiration refers to releasing alveolar air. When the pressure inside the lung isn’t enough, inspiration takes place, expiration occurs when there is excess pressure in the lungs than outside.
Exchange and Transport of Gases
Exchange of gases occurs through diffusion that is caused by pressure, thickening of the membrane of solubility of gases. It takes place from the alveoli to blood and between blood and tissues. Transportation of oxygen and carbon dioxide occurs through blood through the red blood cells. The haemoglobin in red blood cells mix with oxygen, resulting in oxyhaemoglobin. Carbon dioxide transported by haemoglobin forms carbamino-haemoglobin.
Regulation of Respiration
Respiration is regulated through the respiratory rhythm centre that is located in the medulla. The chemo-sensitive area near it is very sensitive to the ions that control the respiratory rate.
Exercise-Wise Discussion of NCERT Solutions for Chapter 17- Breathing and Exchange of Gases
- The chapter has only one exercise at the end. The exercise has 14 questions that are descriptive in nature.
- The type of questions asked to differ from one another. Some of the questions include definitions, explanations, processes, differentiation, etc.
- Some questions ask for diagrams. Ensure to practice all the important diagrams and draw them in detail.
- Some important topics included in the exercises are hypoxia, diffusion of gases, vital capacity and gaseous exchange in insects.
Benefits of NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Biology Chapter 17 by Instasolv
- We at Instasolv with the help of our subject matter experts, work consistently towards providing quality solutions that adhere to the norms of CBSE class 11 exams;
- All the solutions prepared are a work of extensive research of the concepts, the subject matter and the CBSE curriculum, ensuring that you are provided with the best study material for your examinations;
- The solutions provided by us are prepared using methodical workings and proper reasoning at every step. Make sure to apply the same methodologies in order to attain the best output through our solutions.
To conclude, NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Chapter 17 Breathing and Exchange of Gases by Instasolv is the ideal study material for self-preparations. These all-rounded solutions will ensure that you have crystal clear concepts and you pass your examinations with flying colours.