NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Biology Chapter 18 – Body Fluids and Circulation
NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Biology Chapter 18 – Body Fluids and Circulation will clear all your doubts regarding the concepts of the chapter. In this chapter of NCERT Solutions, you will study topics such as blood, plasma, formed elements, blood groups, coagulation of blood, lymph, circulatory pathways, human circulatory system, cardiac cycle, ECG, double circulation, regulation of cardiac activity and disorders of the circulatory system. You will be studying all these topics in-depth.
NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Chapter of Biology has an exercise at the end that consists of 14 questions. The solutions to all the 14 questions will be provided to you in a comprehensive and extensive format in order to ensure an all-round learning experience. The solutions provided adhere to the CBSE Class 11 examination guidelines.
We, at Instasolv, provide NCERT solutions to all the exercises of the chapter. Our team consists of subject matter experts who are experienced and well-versed with the examination pattern and curriculum of class 11 biology subject. These NCERT solutions that they offer, will answer all your queries in a very comprehensive yet understandable format in order to enable grounded learning.
Important Topics for NCERT Solutions for Class 11- Biology Chapter 18 Body Fluids and Circulation
The NCERT Chapter for Class 11 Biology Body Fluids and Circulation gives you an in-depth understanding of the entire process of circulation and the underlying processes and mechanisms related to it. Make sure that your concepts are thorough. Here are some of the concepts you will come across in this chapter:
Blood refers to a fluid present in the body that helps in delivering oxygen and certain nutrients to the cells of the body. The elements of blood include red blood cells, white blood cells, platelets, etc.
Plasma is a fluid that makes up the matrix of blood. It consists of 55% of blood. Plasma consists of various proteins such as albumins, globulins and fibrinogen.
Blood groups consist of ABO and Rh blood groups. Rh groups are antigens. People who have Rh antigens present on RBCs are Rh-positive. Those who have Rh antigens absent on RBCs are Rh-negative. The antigens present in the RBCs in ABO blood groups are A and B. the different types of blood groups in ABOs are A, B, AB and O groups.
Coagulation of Blood
In simple terms, coagulation of blood is blood clotting. Blood clotting helps to prevent blood loss when a trauma or any kind of injury occurs. The red, brown, blue or purple patches that you see on your skin when you get injured are known as clots.
The lymphatic system has a fluid which is called lymph. It is a fluid, other than blood that flows through our body. Lymph facilitates the flow of important nutrients and gases between the blood and cells in our body.
The cardiac consists of a series of mechanical and electrical events that occur at the time of every heartbeat. The cardiac cycle consists of two phases, namely the diastole and systole.
Electrocardiogram or ECG
An ECG is a machine that records the variations in the electrical variations of the heart. An electrocardiogram a graphical representation or record of the electrical events that occur during a cardiac cycle.
Our human circulatory system has double circulation. Blood here passes through the heart twice through two separate circuits. The two circuits are the pulmonary circuit and the systemic circuit. The pulmonary circuit is present between the heart and the lungs. The systemic circuit is present between the heart and other organs.
Disorder of the Circulatory System
Sometimes, the circulatory systems can have various complications that cause certain disorders. The different disorders that may arise are heart attacks, hypertension, angina, coronary heart disease and even lymph failure.
Exercise-Wise Discussion of CBSE NCERT Class 11 Biology Chapter 18- Body Fluids and Circulation
- The entire NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Biology Chapter 18- Body Fluids and Circulation is summarized into 14 questions at the end of the chapter.
- The questions are descriptive in nature. Most of the questions consist of definitions, differentiation, descriptions, diagrams, etc.
- These questions will clear your concepts regarding the importance of plasma proteins, the difference between a lymph and blood, double circulation, open and closed system of circulation, systole and diastole, cardiac cycle and cardiac output.
Benefits of NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Biology Chapter 18 by Instasolv
- At Instasolv, the solutions that are provided are prepared using extensive and in-depth research to ensure that they adhere to the CBSE syllabus.
- Our subject matter experts have years of experience and are proficient in preparing the best NCERT solutions in the most effective way. They make these solutions the most optimal choice for your exam-related queries.
- The solutions will clarify all your doubts related to the chapter. These solutions are self-sufficient, eliminating the need to seek for any external guidance.