NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Biology Chapter 21 – Neural Control and Coordination
NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Biology Chapter 21 will help you revise the topics of the neural system of humans. Chapter 21 of NCERT Solutions involves the mechanisms of neural coordination such as the transmission of nerve impulse, conduction of impulse across a synapse as well as the physiology of the reflex action. The major topics that are highlighted in this chapter are Human Neural System, Neuron as the Structural and Functional Unit of Neural System, Central Neural System, Reflex Action and Reflex Arc and Sensory Reception as well as Processing.
NCERT Class 11 Biology Syllabus Chapter 21 has 12 questions that must be solved to have a full understanding of the chapter. While going through the questions mentioned in the exercise, you will come across various useful terms. The exercises have various Short Answer Type Questions as well as Long Answer Type Questions that are related to all the major topics of the chapter.
NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Biology Chapter 21 prepared by the Istasolv Subject Matter Experts are quite useful in the context that every topic has been explained in a very easy and comprehensive manner. Moreover, the solutions are explained by the prominent subject experts considering the exact CBSE patterns and weightage of every topic in the CBSE Examination.
Important Points for NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Biology Chapter 21 – Neural Control and Coordination
The process by which two or more organs interact with each other is known as Coordination. In the human body, the combination of Neural System as well Endocrine System helps to integrate all the activities that are carried out by the organs to perform specific functions.
The Neural System provides a systematic network of a point to point connection for instant coordination. In this part of the chapter, you can attain maximum knowledge regarding the transmission of nerve impulse, impulse conduction across a synapse as well as the physiology of the reflex action.
Central Neural System
Central Neural System (CNS) consists of Spinal Cord as well as Brain. The Vertebral Column protects the Spinal Column and the Brain is protected by the Skull. CNS helps in processing information and regulates the responses to impulses.
In this topic of the chapter, you will learn about the major parts and functions of the Human Brain. The major portion of the Central Neural System is Human Brain. It is protected by the Skull. The three cranial meninges surround the human brain.
- The Outer Layer: Dura-mater
- The Middle Layer: Arachnoid
- The Inner Layer: Pia-mater
Parts of Brain and Their Functions
- Cerebrum: Cerebrum is said to be the Centre of Intelligence, imagination as well as memory. Also, it exhibits reasoning, judgment, and the expression of willpower;
- Thalamus: It is a centre to receive and transmit sensations including pain, touch as well as temperature;
- Hypothalamus: It helps in regulating the body temperature;
- Mid Brain: This part of the brain is responsible for coordinating the visual reflexes as well as auditory reflexes;
- Cerebellum: It helps to maintain posture as well as the equilibrium of the body.
Transmission of Impulses at Synapse
At Electrical Synopsis: At this point, Pre and Post Synaptic Neuron membranes are in the close vicinity.
At Chemical Synapses: At this point, Pre and Post Synaptic Neuron membranes are separated by the synaptic cleft.
In the next topics, Reflex Actions, as well as Reflex Arcs, have been discussed. Sensory reception, as well as its processing, has also been explained.
Exercise-wise Discussion on NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Biology Chapter – Neural Control and Coordination
- Question no. 1 is based on the structures of the organs and it tests your knowledge regarding the functions of the different organs. Question no. 2 and 3 are based on the differences of components as well as processes involved;
- Questions no. 4 is based on diagrammatic illustrations. Question no. 5 is Short Answer Type Question that will analyze your understanding of the concepts of the neural systems;
- Next 5 questions are based on the Transmission of Impulses as well as Reflex actions and arcs.
- Question no. 11 and 12 are again Short Answer Type Questions that are based on the structure of eye as well as differences amongst the various terms of the chapter;
- By solving these exercise questions your understanding level about the concepts will increase and you will become familiar with the pattern of the exam.
Benefits of NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Biology Chapter 21 by Instasolv
- With the help of Instasolv’s NCERT Solutions for Chapter 21, you will become familiar with the nature of questions that can be asked in the exams and can grab the knowledge efficiently;
- The subject experts of Instasolv have explained every topic of chapter 21 quite elaborately and in easy language to avoid any kind of difficulty;
- Instasolv’s NCERT solutions for Class 11 Chapter 21 has made the concepts clearer and more interesting by illustrating every topic along with diagrams;
- The professional team at Instasolv has explained several topics of chapter 21 in tabular form to highlight the important terms.