NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Biology Chapter 22 – Chemical Coordination and Integration
NCERT Class 11 Biology Chapter 22 focuses on the chemical coordination and integration that illustrates your human physiology. This chapter of NCERT Solutions focuses on the concept of coordination of the endocrine system and neural system that together controls the physiological functions of the human bodies. The description of the endocrine system, hormones, coordination as well as integration of these have been explained thoroughly in this chapter.
NCERT Class 11 Biology Chapter 22 comprises a total of 9 questions that are based on the important topics described in this chapter. All such questions will make you aware of the context of the chapter and let you understand the real physiological functions of the body. The exercises include short answer type questions, long answer type questions as well as diagrammatic descriptions about various organs.
If you have been searching for the NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Biology chapter 22, then Instasolv is the best option for you. Instasolv is the only study platform on which you can trust blindly as these solutions have been composed after complete research by our professional subject matter experts considering proper CBSE patterns.
Important Points for NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Biology Chapter 22 – Chemical Coordination and Integration
Introduction: The physiological functions of the body are jointly coordinated and regulated by the neural system as well as by the endocrine system. The first topic under this chapter illustrates the Endocrine Glands as well as Hormones.
Endocrine Gland: These are the ductless glands that secrete hormones directly into the stream of blood.
Hormones: These are the non-nutrients chemicals that act as intracellular messengers and are synthesized in trace amounts.
In the next topic, the Human Endocrine System has been described in detail.
- Hypothalamus: is the basal part of the diencephalon. It contains Neuro-secretory cells known as nuclei that produce hormones to regulate the synthesis as well as secretion of pituitary gland hormones.
Two types of Hormones that are released include:
- Releasing Hormones: They stimulate the secretion of the pituitary hormones.
- Inhibiting Hormones: They inhibit the secretion of the pituitary hormones.
- Pituitary Gland:
Location: Bone cavity, Sella Turistica
- It is divided into Adenohypophysis and a Neurohypophysis. Adenohypophysis has two portions:
- Pars Distalis and Pars Intermedia.
- Melanocyte Stimulating hormone is produced by Pars Intermedia.
- Pars Distalis produces Growth hormone, Prolactin, TSH, Adrenocorticotropic hormone, Luteinizing hormone, Follicle Stimulating Hormone.
- Pineal Gland:
Location: Dorsal Side of Forebrain.
- It secretes Melatonin that regulates the sleep-wake cycle, menstrual cycle and pigmentation.
- Thyroid Gland:
Location: Thyroid Gland contains two lobes that are located either side of the trachea interconnected with Isthmus.
- Follicular cells secrete two hormones:
- Tetraiodothyronine or Thyroxine
- Parathyroid Gland
Location: On the backside of the Thyroid Gland.
- It secretes peptide hormones known as parathyroid hormones that are responsible for increasing calcium levels in the blood.
Similarly, Thymus Gland, Adrenal Gland, Glucocorticoids, Pancreas and Testis have been explained in detail in this chapter. The next topic covers the hormones secreted by tissues that are not endocrine glands. These include Heart, Kidney and Gastrointestinal Tract. In the last portion of the chapter Mechanism of Hormone Action has been explained.
Discussion on NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Biology Chapter 22
- Question no. 1 of the exercise is based on the definitions of the glands. Question no. 2-5 will examine your understanding regarding endocrine glands as well as hormones involving your diagrammatic skills;
- Question no. 6 involves various examples of endocrine glands and hormones and is a short answer type question;
- Question no. 7 and 8 will test your knowledge about the hormones as well as mechanisms involved.
- Question 9 is based on matching the correct columns;
- While answering these exercise questions of chapter 22 you will feel confident to appear in the examination. They will let you familiarize yourself with the exact pattern of CBSE Exams.
Benefits of NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Chapter 22 by Instasolv
- Instasolv’s NCERT Solutions have been framed according to the contents of NCERT Textbook of Biology Class 11 chapter 22 and as per the pattern of CBSE examination;
- Diagrams are used wherever required and are properly labelled so as to make them easy to understand;
- Instasolv’s NCERT Solutions for Class 11 chapter 22 aims at promoting conceptual learning using easy and comprehensive language techniques.
Subject matter experts at Instasolv have gathered knowledge from different trusted sources to make the content of NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Biology Chapter 22 more interesting and useful for you. It is the right time to benefit from these materials.