NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Biology Chapter 3 – Plant Kingdom
NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Biology Chapter 3- the Plant Kingdom will make the study of plants concise for you. These solutions have been offered as summarised versions of the chapter. They are useful for a quick revision of the whole chapter. NCERT Solutions are presented in points to make your learning experience more productive and effortless.
There are 12 questions in chapter 3 of class 11 Biology. Plant Kingdom by Instasolv gives you the best and accurate solutions with detailed explanations to boost your understanding. This chapter gives a bird’s eye view of the world of plants. The chapter also covers the classification of plants, Algae, Bryophytes, Pteridophytes, Gymnosperms, Angiosperms, Plant life-cycles and alternation of generation. The exercise questions of this chapter are subjective and descriptive questions. These questions aim to test the comprehension of each topic.
Important Topics for NCERT Solutions for Class11 Biology Chapter3- Plant Kingdom
Chapter 3- Plant kingdom is one of the important chapters from the exam point of view. This chapter is also deemed a bit difficult given the number of confusing terms and complex concepts in this chapter. It deals with the classification of plants in our world based on different parameters which include their location, environment and other intrinsic features. The important topics discussed in this chapter are:
- ALGAE: Here you learn about the Algae and its classification. It is a chlorophyll-bearing simple, thalloid, autotrophic and largely aquatic organism. It is generally classified into three categories, namely Chlorophyceae, Phaeophyceae, and Rhodophyceae.
- BRYOPHYTES: In this section, you’re taught about one of the important members of the plant kingdom and its properties. These are kind of plants which can live in soil but are dependent on water.
- PTERIDOPHYTES: This section deals with pteridophytes, which is the main plant is a sporophyte that is differentiated into true root, stem, and leaves.
- GYMNOSPERMS: Here you learn about the gymnosperms, which are the plants in which ovules are not enclosed by any ovary wall.
- ANGIOSPERMS: This section deals with the basic features of Angiosperms. In this kind of plant, the male sex organs (stamen) and female sex organs (pistil) are borne in a flower.
- PLANT LIFE CYCLES: Here you learn about the life cycles of plants. Different plant groups show different patterns of life cycles. These cycles are classified as:
- Haplontic Cycle
- Diplontic Cycle
For more details on this chapter, you must go through the Textbook or the revision notes itself given in the NCERT Solutions for Class11 Biology Chapter 3 by the Instasolv experts. The questions in the textbook given beside every concept will check your retention. The solutions for the same can be accessed on our website.
Exercise Discussion for NCERT Solutions of Class 11 Biology Chapter 3 – Plant Kingdom
- A major chunk of the exercise deals with ‘differentiate between’ questions, for example, distinguish between monocot and dicot roots’.
- In some questions, you are required to provide definitions of different types of plants with examples.
- You are also asked to provide the importance of algae and gymnosperms.
- Some of the questions seek a direct explanation of the term or a concept that can be answered from your memory.
- You can use the NCERT solutions for class 11 Biology to answer these questions precisely.
Benefits of NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Biology Chapter 3- Plant Kingdom by Instasolv
- NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Biology Chapter 3 by Instasolv is a one-stop solution for all your doubts in this chapter.
- The solutions are accurate and boost your confidence in learning.
- The detailed explanation for every solution enhances your knowledge and clears your concepts.
- Additional questions and practice papers devised by Instasolv will help you test your memory and consolidate your knowledge.