NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Chemistry Chapter 2 – Structure of Atom
NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Chemistry Chapter 2 help you enhance your knowledge about the topic of atoms. Chapter 2 of NCERT Solutions is exclusively dedicated to the study of atoms, their structure and other basic properties. It will help you learn about subatomic particles, Thomson’s, Bohr’s and Rutherford’s atomic models as well as the composition of an atom. This is fundamental to understand the complex concepts of Chemistry which you would be exposed to in the course of your education.
Our NCERT Solutions for Chapter 2- Structure of Atom will be of great help in proper understanding and assimilation of these concepts and their applications. Most of the theories discussed in this chapter are complex, hence necessitating deep explanatory notes for comprehension. This chapter has 41 exercise questions and 12 topic-based questions.
Atoms are the crux of every particle on this earth. It is the smallest constituent unit of matter that constitutes any chemical element. All solids, liquids, gases and plasma are made of either ionized or neutral atoms. Since Chemistry deals with solids, liquids, gasses and plasma among other things, it is imperative for you to understand their composition, properties and distinct behaviours. This is where the CBSE NCERT Class 11 Chemistry Chapter 2- Structure of Atom helps you get a second opinion and deeper insights into these topics.
Important Points Covered in the NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Chemistry Chapter 2- Structure of Atom
Chapter 2 discusses the Structure of Atom in six subdivisions, with each division dedicated to different subtopics. After reading this chapter, among other things, you will be familiar with:
- Structure of Atom (Protons, Electrons and Neutrons)
- Calculations pertaining to subatomic particles
- Concepts of wavelength and frequency
- Numericals based on their relationship
- Transition of Electrons
- Concepts of electromagnetic radiation
- Electronic configurations
Discovery of Subatomic Particles: This subdivision of the chapter traces the origin of subatomic particles. It gives an insight into the various experiments conducted on electrical discharge through gases.
Atomic Models: The second subdivision explains to you in detail how electrons were discovered. You will be introduced to the three different theories pertaining to the Atomic Model: a) Thomson’s Model, b) Rutherford’s Model and c) Bohr’s Model. You can refer to NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Chemistry Chapter 2- Structure of Atom for getting a greater insight into these Models.
Developments Leading to the Bohr’s Model of Atom: The third of the three models discussed in the earlier subdivision of the chapter, namely the Bohr’s Model evolution and the reasons for this Model to gain significance is taught to you in this sub-division.
Towards Quantum Mechanical Model of the Atom: Your knowledge is proposed to be enhanced with introducing you to the concepts of Quantum Mechanics with reference to the Atom Model. This being an advanced concept and difficult to comprehend, we suggest you follow our NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Chemistry to enhance your understanding.
Quantum Mechanical Model of the Atom: The final subdivision delves deeper into the Quantum Mechanical Model of the Atom which is more based on probability than certainty and hence is a more difficult topic to understand.
Exercise Discussion of NCERT Class 11 Chemistry Chapter 2 – Structure of Atoms
- There are 67 questions in Chapter 2 of Class 11 Chemistry book. These questions are of various types such as fill in the blanks, match the correct answers, definition based and long answer questions.
- The first few questions are about calculating the charges of an atom, writing the symbol of atoms correctly and calculating the number of neutrons and protons in an atom.
- Then, you are required to find the frequency, wavelength and wavenumber in some questions.
- There is a question based on quantum numbers. It is important from the exam point of view.
- There are questions related to isotopes and calculating the number of electrons.
- There are also questions related to calculating the kinetic energy and Bohr’s atomic model.
Why NCERT Solutions for Chapter 2- Structure of Atoms by Instasolv?
- Chapter 2 of Class 11 Chemistry tests your ability of knowledge absorption. The concepts discussed in the solutions by Instasolv are simplified to comprehend the content easily.
- It is difficult to grasp a tough subject unless aided and guided by a comprehensive study material like the one created by the experts at Instasolv- NCERT Solutions for Class 11th Chemistry Chapter – Structure of Atom.
- Several short and long questions have been added to enhance your understanding of the topic. These will help to test your retention on the topics.
- This concept-focused study material by Instasolv is a one-stop solution for Class 11 Chemistry Chapter 2- Structure of Atom for your assured high score.