NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Chemistry Chapter 4 – Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Chemistry Chapter 4- Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure give an exhaustive view of the concept of chemical bonding and various properties of molecular structure. In NCERT Solutions for Class 11, you are taught about several theories in chemical bonds and their properties. You will get to know about the effects of chemical bonds on atoms, ions, compounds and other forms of materials in this chapter.
Chapter 4 introduces you to different methods of chemical bonding like the Kossel-Lewis Approach to Chemical Bond with suitable diagrams and illustrations. Further, you’ll study the Valence Bond Theory and the Molecular Orbital Theory here. There are 40 exercise questions in this chapter.
Our subject matter experts have ensured to keep the explanations simple and connected to your daily life happenings. NCERT Solutions for Chapter 4- Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure is an integrated source for the concepts mentioned in the Textbook on the topic of Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure.
NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Chemistry Chapter 4- Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure – Summary
Chapter 4 of Class 11 NCERT Chemistry book dwells on the several fundamental concepts of the Chemistry subject like the VSEPR Theory, the polar character of covalent bonds, hybridization and its concepts. This chapter has also enlisted interesting questions for you to solve to assess your understanding of the topics discussed in this chapter. The following types of questions are to be found answered by you:
- a) Questions on Bond Parameters
- b) Questions on Hybridization
- c) Questions on Dipole Moment, Bond Polarity
- d) Questions on VSEPR Theory
- e) Understanding of the Lewis Structure
This exhaustive chapter is of 9 major topics which are as follows:
- Kossel-Lewis Approach to Chemical Bonding
- Ionic or Electrovalent Bond
- Bond Parameters
- The Valence Shell Electron Pair Repulsion (VSEPR)Theory
- Valence Bond Theory
- Molecular Orbital Theory
- Bonding in some Homonuclear Diatomic Molecules
- Hydrogen Bonding
Beginning with the definition and the implication of the chemical bond, the first section focuses on the famous Kossel-Lewis approach to Chemical Bonding. It will enable you to understand the ‘why’ and ‘how’ of chemical bonds and its significance in the study of Chemistry.
The second section educates you about the concept of electrovalent bond- a type of linkage formed from the electrostatic attraction between the diversely charged ions of a chemical compound. You get to familiarize yourself with the bond parameters such as length, angle, order and energy of the bond. You will understand how they are vital parameters contributing to the stability of a chemical compound and the strength of the chemical.
In the fourth section of the chapter, you will learn about the molecular model to predict the geometry of the atoms where the electrostatic forces between a molecule’s valence electrons are minimized around a central atom.
NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Chemistry Chapter 4- Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure assist you with a better understanding of the chemical bonds. In this chapter you will also learn about the following:
- Valence Bond Theory and the Molecular Orbital Theory– the two prominent theories developed to use the methods of quantum mechanics in the explanation of chemical bonding
- Hybridization- the concept of mixing atomic orbitals into new hybrid orbitals
- Diatomic molecules- effects of chemical bond in some homonuclear diatomic molecules
- Hydrogen Bonding- the unique concept of dipole-dipole attraction between the molecules
Discussion of Exercises of CBSE NCERT Class 11 Chemistry Chapter 4- Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
- All the 40 questions of NCERT Class 11 Chemistry Chapter 4 include diagram-based, numerical and theoretical questions.
- In some questions, you are asked to draw the Lewis Structures of molecules and ions while some questions are based on resonance structures.
- Some questions are related to the octet rules of molecules and dipole moments.
- Some questions are based on hybridization of atoms, sigma bonds, axial bonds, pi bonds, orbital theory and hydrogen bonding.
Why Instasolv’s NCERT Solutions for Class 11th Chemistry Chapter – Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structures?
- The Class 11 Chemistry Chapter 4 topic of Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structures is replete with complex laws. These laws and principles are too tough to be assimilated by you with just textbook studies. This is where Instasolv solutions are handy for your better understanding.
- Prepared by the subject experts, NCERT Chemistry Solutions from Instasolv are profuse with practice questions to help you revise your concept. These will give you the great experience of solving multiple questions with full comprehension of the subject
- NCERT Solutions, for Class 11 Chemistry Chapter 4- Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure, provide you with logical steps to each of the questions given at the end of the chapter.