NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Chemistry Chapter 5 – States of Matter
NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Chemistry Chapter 5, teach a very important topic – the states of matter. The NCERT Solutions given here can be helpful for anyone who wishes to improve their score in the CBSE Chemistry exams this year. The NCERT Textbook Chapter 5 exercises related to ‘States of Matter’ has been answered in a straightforward and detailed manner for your convenience.
A total of 28 questions covering the different concepts of Chapter 5 have been divided into 2 exercises. The exercises have been devised to ensure that you can test your retention capacity and to anticipate the kind of questions you will be asked in the exams. For solving these exercises, NCERT Solutions for Chemistry Class 11 by Instasolv can be your fruitful guide.
In this chapter, you are taught about each state in detail followed by their properties and questions based on the same. Some of the important concepts that have been dealt with within this Chapter of NCERT Chemistry Textbook are states of matter (Solid, Liquid and Gaseous), intermolecular forces, thermal energy, gas laws, the molar mass of gases, kinetic theory of gases, surface tension and viscosity.
Important Topics for CBSE NCERT Class 11 Chemistry Chapter 5- States of Matter
NCERT Class 11 Chemistry Chapter 5 is very important from an exam point of view since it is seen in the CBSE exams and other competitive exams. This chapter can also seem arduous to you given the number of topics present in it. Some of the most important topics in the chapter are:
- The intermolecular forces: You are taught about different types of forces in this section. The properties of each of these forces are explained as well. The intermolecular forces discussed in this chapter are:
- Dispersion/London Forces
- Dipole-dipole forces
- Dipole-induced dipole forces
- Hydrogen bond
- Thermal Energy: Definition and the formula to determine the energy is discussed here.
- The Gas Laws: This section introduces you to the universal gas laws which are followed by formulas. These formulas are used for solving the questions. The four gas laws discussed in this chapter are:
- Boyle’s Law (Pressure-Volume relationship)
- Charles’ Law (temperature-volume relationship)
- Gay Lussac’s Law (pressure-temperature relationship)
- Avogadro Law (Volume-Amount relationship)
- Ideal Gas Equation: You learn about the important equation of ideal gas. Further, this helps you in solving exercise questions. You also understand the implication of this equation.
- Density and Molar Mass of a gaseous substance: In this section, you learn about the density and molar mass of the gases and the important formulas to determine the same. It is one of the important topics from which questions are asked.
- Dalton’s Law of Partial Pressures: It is explained with its definition and formula to determine the partial pressure. Examples are given in this section to clear the concept.
- Partial Pressure in Terms of Mole Fraction: This section is an extension of the previous topic where the formula to determine the partial pressure from mole fraction is discussed.
- Kinetic Molecular Theory of Gases: This topic includes some theories discussed in detail.
- Behaviour of the Real Gases: Behaviour of gases is illustrated with examples in this section to show how different gases behave differently under different conditions.
- Liquefaction of Gases: It throws light on the physical conversion of gases in liquids for its social implications. Here you learn about some important gases that are used in liquid forms.
- Surface Tension: In this section, you learn about the force on the surface, applied by the gases. You can determine the force with the formula given in this section.
- Viscosity: Here you learn about the viscous property of gases and liquid and other properties related to it.
Exercise Discussion for NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Chemistry Chapter 5
- Out of all the 23 questions in chapter 5 of class 11 chemistry book, most are numerical-based questions. So, you must have a clear understanding of all the formulae introduced in this chapter.
- You are asked to find the molecular mass, pressure, density, number of electrons, payload and volume in most of the questions of the chapter.
- There is a theoretical question on the significance of Van Der Waal Parameters and intermolecular forces.
Benefits of NCERT Class 11 Chemistry Chapter 5 by Instasolv
To give you the ultimate opportunity to learn the varied and difficult concepts associated with the “States of Matter” chapter elaborately and easy-to-understand manner, the NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Chemistry Chapter 5 have been prepared by Instasolv. This guide provides you with easy and free access to the best solution for this chapter. The detailed explanations and related questions prepare you well for all your exams and boost your retention from this chapter.