NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Chemistry Chapter 6 – Thermodynamics
NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Chemistry Chapter 6 – Thermodynamics is a tool for you to understand the concepts of the chapter and consolidate them. These NCERT Solutions cover every concept that comes under the umbrella of your CBSE Syllabus for Class 11 chapter 6. You would be able to grapple the concepts explained in a faster and more efficient way with the help of detailed solutions and comprehensive explanations given in this guide.
NCERT Syllabus for Class 11 Chemistry consists of 14 chapters. However, Chapter 6, Thermodynamics holds a great significance from the examination’s perspective. This chapter of NCERT Solutions for Class 11 covers some of the important aspects of chemistry such as Internal energy, work, enthalpy, Gibbs energy etc. This is followed by 22 exercise questions solutions for which is provided here. To help you enhance your understanding and boost score, our solutions have been designed from the CBSE exam’s perspective, ensuring that you are provided with the solutions that are superior and error-free.
The NCERT Solutions for Chapter 6 by Instasolv aims at helping you achieve perfection and improve your understanding through abridged learning. The concepts explained are designed by combining your intellect and the requisites of the CBSE Board Examinations, ensuring the clarity of concepts.
NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Chemistry Chapter 6- Thermodynamics Summary
The chapter Thermodynamics belongs to Chemistry Part 1 of class 11. Thermodynamics is a branch of Chemistry that deals with the relationship between heat and other forms of energy. In this chapter, you will be introduced to the various concepts of Thermodynamics. A few concepts explained would include the different terms used in thermodynamics, the types of systems and surroundings, states, internal energy, work, enthalpy measurement, enthalpy change, enthalpies of different types of reactions, spontaneity, Hess’s Law of Constant Heat Summation and Gibbs Energy Change and Equilibrium amongst others.
You must understand the concepts first before doing the calculations. All the formulae and calculations have been provided extensively in the study material prepared by the Instasolv team. Let’s have an overview of some of the important terms of Thermodynamics:
- System: Here you learn about different types of system conditions that are studied in thermodynamics.
- Surroundings: In this section, you get a brief about the surrounding, its composition and its correlation with thermodynamics.
- Thermodynamic Equilibrium: You learn about the system in which macroscopic properties don’t undergo any change with time. This section is the base for the ensuing topics.
- First Law of Thermodynamics: It is an important section in Class 11 thermodynamics where you learn about the properties of energy. You also learn about the laws of thermodynamics which is very crucial in this chapter and a huge chunk of questions are based on this.
- Work: The basic formula for calculating the work done is taught here along with the definition of work and examples. A lot of questions are based on these formulas.
- Hess’s Law of Constant Heat Summation: This section introduces you to the constant nature of enthalpy. You also study the formula which is used later to solve the exercise questions.
- Gibbs Energy Change and Equilibrium: This section deals with the definition and theory of Gibbs energy. There are certain very important points to note and remember here which will help you in your exams.
Discussion of Exercises of NCERT Solutions Chapter 6- Thermodynamics
- There are only 22 exercise questions in chapter 6 but all questions are important.
- Most of them are numerical-based questions. The first four questions are multiple-choice type questions on thermodynamic state function and enthalpies.
- Other questions are based on topics like calculating the enthalpy of the reaction, commenting on the thermodynamic stability of the reactions, finding equilibrium constant and entropy change.
Why CBSE NCERT Class 11 Chemistry Chapter 6- Thermodynamics?
- Instasolv continuously works on providing solutions that are descriptive, instructional and highlight the significant aspects of the syllabus.
- Our solution providers architect the solutions keeping in mind the crux of the CBSE Syllabus in class 11. Their solutions are easy to understand and also enables a faster grasp of the subject
- The NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Chemistry Chapter 6 – Thermodynamics administer the solutions of all the Chapters prevalent in the Class 11 syllabus;
- In addition to the NCERT textbook solutions, many suggested questions will help you have an edge over your classmates. You’ll find yourself prepared for any challenge that may surface during your board examinations.
- These solutions aim at providing you content that deals with the subtle elements of the chapters and are presented in a more refined format for your better understanding.