NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Chemistry Chapter 9 – Hydrogen
NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Chemistry Chapter 9- Hydrogen is a comprehensive guide which provides solutions to all the textbook questions along with explanations. Chapter 9 of NCERT Solutions is an important part of class 11 chemistry. The element of Hydrogen is universally present. Yet, there’s a lot to know about its properties, uses and applications. In this chapter, you’ll learn about various facts of this element. You will learn about its position in the Periodic Table, its variants, its isotopes, properties and several other facts in this chapter.
The chapter deals with the discovery and occurrence, production of dihydrogen, reaction with unsaturated hydrocarbons, and different forms of hydrogen. Chapter 9 holds a combined weightage of 16 marks in your final exam. Hence, it becomes even more necessary to have perfect knowledge about the topic. There are 36 exercise questions, 27 short answer questions and MCQs in this chapter.
Chapter 9- Hydrogen from Instasolv is the single-source information platform for you to achieve your exam objectives. You will feel the add-on value of our solutions in Chemistry, more so when it comes to crucial topics like Hydrogen and its uses in the day to day world. The chapter of NCERT Solutions for Class 11 is full of interesting and educative facts about the importance of Hydrogen and its physical and structural properties.
Important Topics for NCERT Solutions for Chemistry Class 11 Chapter 9- Hydrogen
Chapter 9 is among the 14 chapters of Chemistry for Class 11 as per the NCERT syllabus. The chapter has 9 different sections familiarizing you with various variants and components of Hydrogen.
Among other things, it throws light on the difference between ‘soft’ and ‘hard’ water, the concept of softening hard water etc. Related problems are also solved to make you catch the concepts easily. The 9 sections of the chapter are as follows:
- Position of Hydrogen in the Periodic Table
- Dihydrogen, H2
- Preparation of Dihydrogen, H2
- Properties of Dihydrogen
- Hydrogen Peroxide
- Heavy Water, D2O
- Dihydrogen as a Fuel
The first section of the chapter tells you about the position of Hydrogen in the Periodic Table, how to look for it in the Table. You will learn about Dihydrogen in the subsequent section. You will get to know that it is the scientific name for water molecules and is composed of two hydrogen atoms and one oxygen atom.
Preparation of Dihydrogen and the methods are explained to you in detail in the following sections. You get to understand the structure of water and its properties etc. You are also made familiar with the concept of Hydrides, their role in the branch of Chemistry and their properties.
Hydrogen Peroxide is the subject matter in the 7th section while you are taught what is heavy water, its properties, usages etc in the next section. Get to learn about the function of Dihydrogen as fuel in the last section.
Discussion of Exercises of CBSE NCERT Class 11 Chemistry Chapter 9- Hydrogen
- NCERT Class 11 Chemistry Chapter 9 requires a thorough understanding of the principles, formulae and steps involved in solving problems. A thorough grasp about hydrogen and its position in the Periodic Table is essential to do well in this chapter.
- The exercise questions are designed to test your retention from the chapter. The first 4 questions deal with the location on the periodic table, isotopes, production and occurrence of hydrogen.
- Next few questions in the exercise deal with reaction and production of hydrogen and its forms. These reactions are an important part of this chapter.
- Some of the questions in the exercise are theoretical and require memory-based answers.
- The remaining questions in this chapter are based on structure and require a deep understanding of the concept.
Benefits of NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Chemistry Chapter 9 by Instasolv
- Grasp the essential elements of the topic with care. Read the NCERT Chemistry textbook and fill your knowledge gap by referring to our NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Chemistry Chapter 9- Hydrogen.
- Refer to our solutions and explanations to deepen your understanding of the chapter.
- It is ideal to check your answers and work with those given in the NCERT Solutions to verify and learn the concepts involved.
- We have concept-based education – to ensure easy grasp and retention. A large number of structured questions with detailed explanation for perfect clarity on the topic.
- Our subject matter experts have lucidly answered all the questions of the textbook for your easy comprehension.