NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Maths Chapter 15 – Statistics
NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Maths Chapter 15 Statistics are prepared to ensure that all your doubts will be resolved during exam preparation and revision of the chapter. This chapter gives a brief idea of what is a mean deviation, standard deviation, variance and frequency distribution. You will be learning about grouped and ungrouped data and analysing the frequency distribution tables.
NCERT Class 11 Maths Chapter 15 has 4 exercises that have 33 questions in total. All the questions will help you understand the different concepts of the chapter. The solutions to all the exercise questions are provided by Instasolv with the aim to achieve better learning. The NCERT solutions are prepared in adherence to the CBSE examination pattern. We would suggest not to leave out any topic for exam preparation as any trick question may be asked in the examination.
All NCERT Solutions for class 11 maths chapter 15 are designed extensively by our mathematics experts. They know all the tips and tricks that will help you excel in your maths examination. With NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Maths Chapter 15 Statistics by Instasolv, you will not need to refer to any other study materials for your examinations.
Important Topics for NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Maths Chapter 15 – Statistics
Statistics refers to the collection, organizing, presentation and collection of data. Data here consists majorly of primary and secondary data.
For the purpose of interpretation and analysis, larger data is organized into the frequency distribution tables. The data may be grouped or ungrouped. A frequency distribution is graphically represented with the help of bar charts, histograms, frequency polygon, cumulative frequency curve, pie diagram, etc.
Cumulative Frequency Distribution
Frequencies are usually grouped into class frequencies or grouped frequencies. The frequencies of the first class are added to the second and the frequency of the second class is added to the third and so on. This is known as cumulative frequency distribution.
The measure of Central Tendency
Measures of central tendency refer to the average value of a distribution which is in the middle part of the distribution. Some measures of central tendency include arithmetic mean, combined mean, weighted average mean, etc.
Median refers to the middle value of the variables when they are arranged in ascending order.
Variance is an average of the squared differences/variations from the mean. Standard deviation is the square root of Variance. Mean deviation is the mean of the absolute values of each deviation from its mean.
Dispersion refers to the variation of one data from another. The different measures of dispersion include range, mean deviation, standard deviation, root mean square deviation, etc.
Correlation determines the co-relationship of the two variables. Regression shows the relationship and the impact between an independent and a dependent variable.
Exercise-Wise Discussion of NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Maths Chapter 15 – Statistics
- The NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Chapter 15 Statistics has 4 exercises in total. One of the exercises is a miscellaneous exercise.
- Exercise 15.1 encompasses the topic mean deviation in detail. This exercise has 11 questions in total.
- Exercise 15.2 consists of topics such as mean and variance and has 10 questions.
- Exercise 15.3 discusses the variability of groups. This is the shortest exercise with only 5 questions.
- The miscellaneous exercise summarizes the chapter and is more comprehensive in nature. It tests your concept of clarity.
- NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Maths Chapter 15 will prove to be the most helpful study resources and would act as an asset for you to solve all these exercises.
Benefits of NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Maths Chapter 15 by Instasolv
- The NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Maths Chapter 15 Statistics are designed after conducting in-depth research of the CBSE Class 11 syllabus. All solutions adhere to the standards of CBSE and ensure that you excel your examinations;
- Our Subject Matter Experts have years of experience in their domain which makes them know the sure-shot tips and tricks to help you pass your CBSE Class 11 examinations with the flying colours.
- Our solutions have been prepared using well-defined and proven methodologies. All the solutions have been structured using proven facts and theorems. So now you don’t have to waste your time looking for someone to solve your doubts.